• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Im looking for a really good 46-50" Sony braiva TV

saadgooner

Standard Member
All the versions iv looked at so far have freeview HD, so the price is increased alot.

So now im thinking of getting Freeview HD. But is it worth it? i mean will a normal aerial work that showed freeview before show the freeview HD? or will i have to pay someone to sort the aerial out before?

I intially wanted to only spend £700-800 but now that seems unrealistic

Please, any help at all would be really useful.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
As long as you have a good signal and you're in an area served by Freeview HD there shouldn't be a problem.
Best bet is to provide your postcode and ask in the Freeview forum.

saadgooner

Standard Member
ok thanks. are those freeview HD tv's 3D ready?iv seen some panasonic tvs 3d ready, but im not sure whether to go for these as i dont get what the difference is. Dont you have to wear glasses for 3D anyway?so it would work with all sony bravia's?

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
3D TV's are a different breed and AFAIK cost £1500 or more. I believe Sony have launched a 3D TV range but these are not your run of the mill Bravias.

As JayCee says be careful as Freeview HD coverage is very very limited at present. Also I think it is highly unlikely that 3D TV will be available on Freeview for at least several years if ever.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom