1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im looking for a digital rgb sender, do they excist?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Martin68, Oct 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Martin68

Martin68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I own a Topfield 5800 pvr and i use it in my living room, i also watch quite a lot of tv in my conservatory, and being that pvr's chainge our viewing habits by time shifting, pip, reserving programs etc, i now find that i cant settle with using just a standard digi box on my second tv, because i want all the benefits of my pvr on my second tv too,

the main problem is the fact that i notice picture quality and dont like to put up with second best, i tried a video sender to use on my second tv but because its PAL composite, i can see the degrading effects quite visible on my 32" lcd screen.

What i need is a means of using my pvr on my second tv with out PAL conversion loss, so is there a sender available that can send the signal digitally in rgb format?

if not im very supprized being that the technology excists in cordless digital phones and computer data senders

2. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  3. Martin68

Martin68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I need a high quality rgb sender, preferably one that is emune to interference when cooking with the microwave. A very long scart lead is totally out of the question because my two tv's are in opersite corners of a very large house, im using one plasma and one lcd tv and my plan is to use is with my Topfield 5800 pvr, composite video just dose not give the quality of rgb.
    a digital sender must exsist, because you can buy wirless routers for computers, and in sure they send signals in digital form!

4. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I guess you will need a PC or set top box with RGB input like an HTPC,Kiss box, TiVo or perhaps XBox 360 connected to the Toppy which is then connected to a pre-N or better Wireless router.

This should be able to then stream the video in perfect quality if you have enough wireless strength.

Alternatively, why not use wired network over electricity mains. Surely you must have spare electrical points at each end of the house.

It might just be easier to get a second Toppy!