I'm looking for a compact camera that shoots RAW stills and 1080p@25fps. Help!

Mysticpuma

Established Member
Reaction score
I had hoped to buy something like a Canon Ixus 230 HS and then saw it only shoots 24-fps.

Looking around I see a multitude of cameras shooting 24-fps or 30-fps.....but where are the compact cameras that shoot 25-fps?

I use a 5d mkiii, 7d and Canon Xf100 video camera but would like to compliment it with a compact for when I go travelling, so small and light and 'compact'.

I don't really want an interchangeable kit camera as this is what my SLR's are for so I'm looking for a compact camera that shoots RAW and 25-fps 1080p video.

Is this really a difficult camera to find because I am having a hard time finding one?

Any help appreciated tracking one down.

PS. I don't want to compromise with 24 or 30-fps, seriously it's the search for a 25-fps camera that shoots RAW :(

Cheers, MP

Panasonic LX-7 ?

Are you really going to see that much difference between 24p and 25p, or is it more for the medium you'll rip it to?
I know 24p is considered that 'movie look' but when I was experimenting with movies a while back apparently the 24p is nothing to do with the movie look, and it's more about DOF and processing.

It's more about shooting 25-fps on the XF100 and 5D/7D it's just about consistency if I drop some video on the compact that may fit into a project. Cheers. Also thanks, I will check out the Lumix.

Not sure why you think shooting at 24fps is a compromise?

Personal, I would avoid 25fps unless I was specifically doing something for broadcast. I would use 24 or 30 (and higher) preference to 30 for output

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom