1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm interested in the Bose 3.2.1 GS System

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ChrisNightingal, Nov 7, 2004.

1. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,

I'm interested in the BOSE 3.2.1 system and have had a demo and was suitable impressed. The main reason I like this system is because of the small speakers and the all in one unit.

I have a few questions about it if any one has the answers to them I would be most grateful as I have had a look around the net and couldn't find the answers.

- When we demoed the system, I personally thought the bass was way too high when listening to normal music. The guy at the shop said that it can be turned down, but I just wanted to find out how flexible the bass adjustments were. Was it just a single bass volume adjustment or is there a bass cutoff level as well etc?

- How long are the wires between the speakers and the bass unit and also the bass unit and the actual "transport" unit?

- Anyone got any other useful information about the Bose 3.2.1 GS system?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    some but not much BOSE are very BASS heavy
    about 5m from bass to speakers i think and about 3m from head unit to base
    dont buy it mate there are much better options out therereliabiltiy is a major problem as is the performance... the 321 is getting long in the tooth and its really starting to show.....

PS is this for your parents? Cause at £1250 its way over budget we were discussing

3. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seconded,don't go for BOSE,junk of the highest order.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have to have that type of product try Kef's KIT100 it may not be as good value for money as a seperates setup but it can definately outperform the Bose unit!

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I agree, the Kef Kit 100 is built far better than the plasticky Bose unit and does exactly what it say on the tin and does it well

6. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's the first time i've been sceptical of a product's advertising and then found i actually liked the kef kit. The only thing that ruins it is being reminded that you could get a much better "wired" setup for that money!!

7. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there Guys,

Thanks for the replies - sorry for the late reply but I didn't know anyone had replied - must have turned my notifications off!!! I have noted the comments and will maybe look at something else.

HornyDragon, good memory you have there. Yes I was actually looking at the Acoustimass 3 speaker system and you recommended the TAEC system. The only reason we liked this system was because it was an all in one system. Yes it is a little over budget but with XMas coming up, I was willing to put in a little cash for the old folks!!!! Is the acoustimass 3 system still recommended by you guys cos the main requirement of a new system is small speakers like the Bose ones.

So I think I will start looking at the systems you have recommended, I just hope that I can find somewhere that has all these system.

Thanks again,

Chris Nightingale.

8. howesey

howesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there Howesey,

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting and insightful read!!! I will tread with caution!!!!