Im In Sony & Unbeatable Hell!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by manicjon, Jul 30, 2002.

1. manicjon

manicjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: Hi To All,

Well I Got my second sony 32ls60 today (1.30pm) had to wait for my girlfriend to get home from work so i could get the thing out of the box.

We put it on the stand and i pluged the beast in and turnd it on and wow a lovely bright shade of red and horizontal white lines and then it turned itself off and the stand by led was flashing:mad: :mad: :mad:

So after screaming a few times i phoned unbeatable and spoke to a stroppy girl who told me to phone sony and if they said it was a falt they would change it witch sony did say it was a falt so back to unbeatable and after having four tv's from them i have had a refund , CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND AN ONLINE SITE?

John. :mad::mad: :mad:

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The general advice is to avoid buying large screen CRTs mail order.
    Try and obtain the best price match you can from "bricks and clicks" online dealers. Buy the set you like from John Lewis or similar.
    This will ensure the set is installed correctly without hassle to yourself, performance and connection will be optimised and of course the five year guarantee to provide long term service support.
    If you buy mail order or from the back of large white vans obtaining service attention may prove tricky, manufacturers refer you to independent retailers with on-site service, in turn they will refer you back to whoever sold it to you, hence further swap outs.
    It's up to you:)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on fifth Sony TV after having to resort to legal action.....you have my sympathy!
    PS I bought mine from 2 different High Street shops (not Dixons or Curry's!!)

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,091
    I'm very inclined to agree. Modern TVs seeem to be prone to all sorts of issues, whether actual faults or matters of maladjustment. Buying blind from an e-tailer just to save a few quid can often cause more grief than the few quid was worth. Buy from a real shop (which does not include Dixons or Currys - they are just far too expensive), and be prepared to pay a little extra for the lack of grief.

5. jules0266

jules0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had some very bad experiences with Unbeatable a couple of years back. I purchased a minidisc walkman, a digital camera and a video recorder. Every single one of them had some sort of damage or an indication of previous use. The digital camera had a thumb print on the lens! When the VCR arrived it was scratched on the lid but they refused to do anything about it because I had returned the other 2 items for refund. It's not too much to expect a retailer to supply BRAND NEW stock is it? No matter how cheap? I wouldn't go near Unbeatable.