I'm in England and itv HD has just gone AWOL!

papa_flump

Established Member
Reaction score
Itv HD was working fine and dandy on our second box with no problems what so ever.... As soon as the world cup starts... It goes AWOL!

Could this be because our second box has no subscription (we simply use it as a freeview box)... other freebe HD content is fine... BBC, CH4 etc.

Will I have to resort to 1050 for tonights game or can I get it back?

Cheers
lee

Now getting a message to call broadcaster to upgrade subscription to receive this HD channel!!!!

First there's no sky sports news with sky freeview but there is with regular freeview... Now they want to charge for ITV HD.....

Always seen SSN on freeview as a sky marketing tool, means for them to tout the sky brand and provide people with an insight into what they are missing by not subscribing to sky sports. A lot of sky subscribers are in it for the sport, especially football, sky don't miss a trick and removing SSN from the sports pack was a shrewd move, wouldn't be surprised if most people who take out the news pack are doing it for SSN.

just removed my card and itvhd is indeed awol! how odd?!

Last edited:
Itv HD was working fine and dandy on our second box with no problems what so ever.... As soon as the world cup starts... It goes AWOL!

Could this be because our second box has no subscription (we simply use it as a freeview box)... other freebe HD content is fine... BBC, CH4 etc.

Will I have to resort to 1050 for tonights game or can I get it back?

Cheers
lee

There are four ITV1 HD regions now on Sky. Two are FTA and two are FTV (viewing card, but no subscription).

If you live in the Central, Wales, West, SW, Anglia, Meridian regions, you need a card.

Or you can 'other channel'.

I have the FTV card option (new White card) but since yesterday... It's now saying I have to subscribe... All other FTV channels are still ok!?

the itv hd quality was awful on my footy for the eng game compared to bbc broadcasts of other matches?

Always seen SSN on freeview as a sky marketing tool, means for them to tout the sky brand and provide people with an insight into what they are missing by not subscribing to sky sports. A lot of sky subscribers are in it for the sport, especially football, sky don't miss a trick and removing SSN from the sports pack was a shrewd move, wouldn't be surprised if most people who take out the news pack are doing it for SSN.

just removed my card and itvhd is indeed awol! how odd?!

I'm confused, i get SSN and have the sports pack but don't have the news pack...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom