Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

I'm having DVD-reading problems after updgrading to thicker cables

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by batmodem, Jan 18, 2005.

1. batmodem

batmodem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well..it says on the title...I bought some 16 gauge cable for my two year old All-in-one JVC TH-A5 and the sound quality has improved a lot. But after I changed the cables I've been having problems reading some DVD's and tried to watch a movie and it's stops...pixelates and then continues for a while and then the same again. I've never had problems with my old thin cables. I was going to open it and unplugged the cables and noticed the subwoffer cable was between some power cables...I've haven't connected them again. So I guess my question is basically:

Can thicker cables affect the voltage that receives the DVD-rom so It wouldn't let it work ok? ...I'll plug everything again and come back....I just wanted to hear some ideas of the experts (I just know the basic stuff about home theaters)...

Thanks for any ideas you have..

2. batmodem

batmodem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My problems are gone for the moment...nevermind