1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm happy with panny now.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leedsfireman, Dec 9, 2002.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi all,
    just to follow on from my previous thread, saying how unhappy i was with first impression of my plasma picture, i changed my vga cable which i got from maplin's to a better quality one from www.lindy.com . The picture now is far better than before. My dvd player is connected using a component cable from www.supradirect.co.uk & it looks fab.
    So i have to say that i am very happy now with the results.

andy.

2. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

I purchased my Panny 42 at about the same time as you and watched as you posted threads that asked my questions for me.

I have now ordered the Supra AV3 cable to go with my Sony DAVs550 and I'm away on business so won't get to see the end result for a week. Any chance you can elaborate on the improvement to the DVD picture so I can slobber over the prospect that awaits me on my return ?

:p

3. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As you are aware i was not that very happy when i first connected my plasma up, the colours were faint, no detail in picture it looked terrible. I changed the maplin vga cable & the picture was greatly improved. I then used the component cable for the dvd player & the results i think are well worth the expense, deep colours, great detail & depth to picture. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed, let me know what you think when you have set your system up.

andy.

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Even I was surprised at the Maplin cable being so poor - well, not at Maplin selling a poor cable, but that was so poor. I tested various ones before deciding on which ones to stock myself. There is a difference between different cables, but the main aspect is that you're using the right signals to your screen now. One of the advantages of the RGB to Plasma VGA unit is that you can change to a different VGA lead, and SCART lead if you want.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

5. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    symanski what vga and what scart have gave the best results
    thanks sorry for hijacking the thead

6. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    jmack,
    it's a difficult question to answer just because there's so many different cables available! I offer two VGA leads, one unbranded but does perform exceptionally well and another VDC one. You can get leads from VDC using their red series cable, which is even better still (I think Joe uses these).

Same again for the SCART. I found that Tech+Link offer some very good quality cables, but unlike some you're not paying for the advertising. So I'd say their SCART lead compares very well with other over twice the price. Going further, you've got Chord and Ecosse cables, both of which are exceptionally good cables.

I'm sorry to have to wimp out on this one, but everybody has their favourite cable.

All the best,

John.