1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm happy now that my HTPC is working !!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cosmic023, May 24, 2003.

1. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that my HTPC is working ok now, after all the problems i've had.

Even better now as i've just finished building a new screen for my DIY video projector !! ;)

Obviously there is still the noise problem to deal with, which can be solved with silentdrive sleeves & quieter fans.

I know there is more to be done, but the quality is amazing over my standard dvd player.

Is there a way i could convert the RGB out on my dvd player to vga ?? As my Pioneer 105SZ slot loading dvd drive is fussy with some discs, and refuses to play them in PowerDVD.

Any sugestions ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

2. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi i would have suggested a RGB to VGA convertor from JS Tech...but i don't think they are compatible with most projectors? I know they do a RGB to Componant convertor which might be more useful if you have componant in on the projector.

www.rgbtosvideo.com

3. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi Loafer,

It's an diy projector, and not a standard one. It's an LCD panel (ASK Impact 24) and a 400w Overhead projector.

It's had many modifications to suit my needs, it has connections for comp. video & s-video and vga.

It doesn't do Componant video, but it might do with an RGB 2 VGA converter ??

I'll have a look at the Keene site sometime, and see if that'll do the trick ??

It's a fussy panel, but the picture quality it great for an 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 (Compressed into 640 x 480) when using VGA via the HTPC !!

Cheers 4 now

Cosmic023