1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Glad i have Viera TH37PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nimaff65, Oct 14, 2004.

1. nimaff65

nimaff65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    New to this forum.
    I recently made a purchase of the Viera and am very happy with its performance, i called round to a friends a couple of days ago and spotted that they have also purchased a plasma, it was the cheaper model LG RZ-42PX11, they switched it on and wanted to show me the picture quality as they were not sure about it, i was shocked it was terrible, its was dull, washed out, and the DVD playback was TERRIBLE, when i got back home and turned my Panny on, i was soooooooooo glad that i made the right choice.
    They wanted my feedback about the choice they made, i had to lye to them and said it was ok, if i was to be honest with them, they are the type to get a little funny about it. I need to tell them as i don't want them to make a mistake by sticking with it and hope they can take it back for a different model or brand.
    Can anyone advise, do you think that there LG might be faulty or is it just a terrible picture quality allround.
    I want to help them make the right choice.
    Thanks all
    Maff

2. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Weight of public opinion though would say that panasonics provide a better picture than LG - but quite a few people are very happy with their LG.

The reason the picture is terrible could be down to a number of factors - like connection types used (composite?), quality of cabling, equipment that's providing the video signal etc. Also - the settings on the plasma might be having an effect.

ZedZed

3. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If it is as you describe, then I would say it is *very* badly setup.

Ideally, you want a decent DVD player with PAL progressive output via component - and connected to the component input on the screen.

Take a look at the other threads, but as a guide, here is my current settings:

AV1-RGB (used for Sky+ / gaming)

Contrast 60
    Brightness 56
    Colour 25
    Sharpness 50

Component:

Contrast 35
    Brightness 60
    Colour 35
    Sharpness 45

For all inputs, CSM is set to 'warm', and XD engine is on. I also have low power mode 'on' - this mode does cause the panel to 'dull' (which may be what you are seeing), but that isn't necessarily a bad thing - think in terms of screen burn.

4. Kimbo

Kimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You did the right thing I just sent my LGRZ 42PX11 back !! Picture was terrible no matter what we did !!
    I had a number of people take a look say the same thing, tried different cables etc and settings
    I am looking at a Panasonic TH-37PW7B, anyone know if they are any good ?

P.S Sorry to all LG users
    K