Im Getting Confused big Time

cliffybabe

Standard Member
Ok im getting really confused now

Was looking at a Samsung 32inch model LE32R73BD I was put off this by reading reviews and looked at a Panny TX32LXD60.

Just seena toshiba Toshiba 32WLT66

Which one of these 3 would be the best???

Thanks
Neil

cliffybabe

Standard Member
This is what is doing me in

I can get the units at these prices

Samsung 759

Panny 752

Toshiba 718

is there any other makes near these price's??

Thanks

Neil

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
For that price, the Tosh is the winner - better than the Panny IMO. Styling, PQ and two HDMI inputs puts the Tosh ahead by a nose.

Good luck with your choice - opinions from other people are one thing but trust your own eyes and judgement too. :smashin:

Prof

Novice Member
Panasonics always look a bit "soft" to me, but OK. Samsungs look like the TV equivalent of one of those cars with a 1000 watt audio system, all "ooomph", but not very subtle, again, they seem OK.

Toshiba - now that was the last LCD TV that impressed me. Looked very good on it`s built in Freeview pictures, and that`s saying something, I had a Sharp P70 for a few weeks, at it was excellent with Freeview (non HD ready TV). I hooked up my XBOX, and the results were also rather good. I like the Toshiba, but will wait for the WLT68.

Nielo TM

Novice Member
Since you own a Tosh 32, can you see purplish glow on blacks when viewed form odd angle?

I know that Panny, Sony and Samsung uses VA as where Philips, LG and Hitachi uses S-IPS (must be avoided). Sharp on the other hand uses its very own ASV but I still don’t know the LCD panel used by JVC and Tosh.

I better go to Currys or Comet and look for the purple glow. It’s very easy to spot anyway lol.

Rodgy

Novice Member
Abbeygoo said:
For that price, the Tosh is the winner - better than the Panny IMO. Styling, PQ and two HDMI inputs puts the Tosh ahead by a nose.

Panny HAS 2 HDMI's and PQ is stunning. Styling, well, up to you......and it just over £700 now. BARGAIN.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
OK, I stand corrected then.

Tosh is still better though :smashin:

Prof

Novice Member
Nielo TM said:
Since you own a Tosh 32, can you see purplish glow on blacks when viewed form odd angle?

I know that Panny, Sony and Samsung uses VA as where Philips, LG and Hitachi uses S-IPS (must be avoided). Sharp on the other hand uses its very own ASV but I still don't know the LCD panel used by JVC and Tosh.

I better go to Currys or Comet and look for the purple glow. It's very easy to spot anyway lol.
I assume that you think that I own a Toshiba. I don`t own an LCD TV at the moment, but my job involves looking at loads of different LCDs, so I get a good chance to "compare" TVs in the real world, not in a showroom.

When I "auditioned" the Toshiba, I did not notice a "purple glow", I just noticed how good the picture looked. It may well be that viewed from an odd angle, the Toshiba suffers from a purple glow, but if I buy one, I`ll be watching from a normal angle, so that will not be a problem. Obviously it could be an issue if it was being watched by several viewers, especially those that aren`t straight in front of the screen. There is also a reported issue with some sort of interference with the RGB Scart input, although I haven`t seen that fault. If it wasn`t for the new WLT68, that should be available soon, I think I`d buy the WLT66, including purple glow !

Top Bottom