I'm fed up with BF4 and BF3- recommendations

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As title I've played Bf2, 3 and 4 and at the weekend I deleted BF3 out of boredom and nearly did the same with BF4 as the online games were just dull and full of idiots.

Way back I loved COD2- so would it be worth getting COD Black Ops 11 or COD ADvanced warfare?

Or anything else you reckon would be more fun than BF3/4?

p.s when I started BF4 there were at least 45 guys in my friends list playing regularly, now there is 1!! The rest still have an account but never play

Fair do's you lasted longer than most, I gave up on BF ages ago. Have you tried Heroes and Generals?

I find it reminiscent of BF2 for some reason, but definitely more BF than COD imo. Free to play as well, so no reason not to try it really :thumbsup:

Planetside 2 And join rock, paper, shotgun....sorted

It's also free, what's not to love about it?

Every other game ever made? :p

Titanfall, it's only £7 odd just now I believe. Absolute bargain for a cracking game.

Call of duty bo2, best for fun shooter there is. Titanfall is amazing for a few hours, then boring n pish. Forget counter strike thats really bad

I dont play BF anymore and i dont think i will again either

Try:

COD:AW
CSGO
Titanfall
BF:Hardline (If you want the exact same game as BF4 with a new skin)

Titanfall is very good but gets old quick. Another vote for Planetside 2, absolutely fantastic!

Few good shooters I'd recommend.

PS2
CSGO
Advanced Warfare is actually decent I was surprised. It's very quick though but is pretty fun.

Little shout out to Insurgency too, that's cheap as chips and is a good little shooter. Bit more tactical than your typical shooter.

If you want something that is at a completely different pace try Arma3.

Some good mods are out for it such as Breaking point and Battle Royale is always pretty tense.

If the problem is finding players to squad up with then the guys at overclockers play every evening, it makes the game somewhat bearable.

As for the golden oldies like cod uo, bf2, bc2 etc they were great games in their day but look dated, suffer a low player count, have hackers running riot etc so imo leave them as good gaming memories.

Every fps is different and depends on your taste. PS2, Arma 3, Titanfall, Payday 2, CS:GO, Verdun, Insurgeny, Borderlands 2, COD AW etc are not battlefield games so may not be "fun" In ccomparison.

I dont play BF anymore and i dont think i will again either

Try:

COD:AW
CSGO
Titanfall
BF:Hardline (If you want the exact same game as BF4 with a new skin)
Like you Stu I'm thinking of hitting the uninstall button, just havent plucked up the courage yet.

Hardline was fun on the beta but as you say its only BF in a different skin.

What do you play now? you're a decent litmus test *wink*

I'm favouring COD Black Ops 11 for some fun and different to BF4

Have you tried Planetside Nikon?
had a look but looked like TitanFall, Halo etc all rolled into one.

COD2 MP was the most fun I ever had in a game. BF4 I like the helicopter physics, very realistic.

Like you Stu I'm thinking of hitting the uninstall button, just havent plucked up the courage yet.

Hardline was fun on the beta but as you say its only BF in a different skin.

What do you play now? you're a decent litmus test *wink*

I'm favouring COD Black Ops 11 for some fun and different to BF4

I play CSGO it's what i started to play when i finally ditched BF4

but COD:AW is not to bad either

I play CSGO it's what i started to play when i finally ditched BF4

but COD:AW is not to bad either
GM above says CS is really bad. How is it compared to BF3 and BF4 as thats all I've played last 2 years really

GM above says CS is really bad. How is it compared to BF3 and BF4 as thats all I've played last 2 years really

It's a completely different game, It was the first MP game i ever played back in 2000 when i was was introduced to PC Gaming. So its my home of FPS Gaming so for me i love it.

The skill level is crazy but tbh i wouldn't recommend it coming from COD or BF as it is completely different and a step backwards as a Casual FPS Game

It's a completely different game, It was the first MP game i ever played back in 2000 when i was was introduced to PC Gaming. So its my home of FPS Gaming so for me i love it.

The skill level is crazy but tbh i wouldn't recommend it coming from COD or BF as it is completely different and a step backwards as a Casual FPS Game
ok thanks Stu.

I played the original Counterstrike when it was a mod:clap:

I agree with everything @stument has said. Counterstrike is a VERY good online shooter, and has beenover its various iterations (some may think source was rubbish, but I played that game for over a few 1000 hours).

As Stu said, the skill level on the game is overall high, which makes it somewhat daunting for new players. This is mainly because a lot of players will have been playing cs for over 5 years. Give it a go though, you should pick up the basics fairly quickly

ok thanks Stu.

I played the original Counterstrike when it was a mod:clap:

Well if you've played it before its exactly the same just a little graphical boost

I must admit I was pretty good at CS...and I enjoyed it.

I'm not as good with BF4 and all the plethara of weps and kit blah blah blah

give me a main gun and pistol with a mission and I'm in heaven:rolleyes:

I keep think about getting back into Counterstrike, I just know I wouldn't be as competitive as I once was and haven't the time or the motivation to seriously up my game. But the social kick about in the park style of game I'd be up for. I've heard the matchmaking is very good at matching skill levels, does it do a good job?

Had a few rounds of BF3 for the first time in 2 years and its good to see there's still massive cheating going on. Thats the last BF installment I will ever buy

Loaded up Bad company 2 and had an absolute blast forgot how fun that game can be.

Also loaded up BF3 the other night and while I like many of the maps I'd forgotten how bad hit detection, getting hit behind cover etc were on it. Half an hour and I rage quit the thing.

Bad Company 2 is still great fun, works really well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom