Im experience a sound lagging when i watch stereo programs in t.v

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tommore, Jan 19, 2008.

1. tommore

tommore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got Phillips Home theatre which is connected directly to my LCD tv Panasonic with the normal point of cables. Home theatre is almost 6 months old whenever i switch on and try to watch program in my stereo t.v, there is a sound lagging from the Home theatre, this is now getting increased day by day, and it is really getting me irritated and frustrated, why is this happenning. What are the checklist to be followed in order to avoid this problem.

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    You usually get a sound delay when setting the dvd player picture setting to progressive. The player spends roughly 60 milliseconds deinterlacing the picture. On most modern amps you usually have a audio delay option which you can use to delay the sound to match the picture.

So, not knowing the model HC you have...I'd say either turn off the progressive setting on your dvd player (turn it back to interlaced) or look for an audio delay setting.

As for it increasing day by day. The delay can be different on different discs...the audio on some discs isn't properly syncronised to start with...so could be 10ms out already...so it would seem to you to be worse (just a guess)..I've never known of a fault where this gets progressively worse.