1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm desperate for some advice

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hermes, Dec 4, 2004.

1. hermes

hermes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all sorry if there are other post about this but I couldn't find one so I thought I would ask this:

Hi, I have an old Sony video 8 camcorder with about 12 tapes that I'm trying to convert onto DVD, I have tried to use Pinnacle studio9 but I'm getting no where at all, I don't want to add or edit the tapes and just want to copy them as they are but I think Pinnacle is too advanced for what I want to do, added to that I mananage to capture the film but but when I go to burn the project I never get very far, I have tried to burn straight to DVD and also just save the whole project but something always goes pear shaped!

I have tried loads of times to get this right, I'm not blaming the software, it's not that, I know it's me making a pig's ear of it!

Is there another app, maybe Ulead that would suit what I want to do more easily, I think using Pinnacle seems to be like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut if you know what I mean.

Or would it be best to use Pinnacle to capture and then something else to do the rest, I don't know but would like some advice please.

I'm well versed in Pc's but have never delved into video editing so any feedback would be great.

cheers

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well as you say Pinnacle is a 'jack of all trades' program that does just about everything, but is mainly a capture & editing program and therefore more advanced than you require to make a simpl DVD copy of your tapes.
    What I think you need is a simple DVD authoring program. I use Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 and this is simple to use and gives great results. It can be bought for around £25 online and can even be downloaded from www.ulead.co.uk free for a 30 day trial.

Mark.

3. hermes

hermes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the fast reply Mark, I have used Ulead before for copying my Sont DV tapes, they worked well but I though that Pinnacle was the way to go, yes good to hear you think it's too complex for what I really need.

PS.I'm not too far from you, just down the road in Loughton Essex lol

cheers

paul