1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm buying a SONY 10HT projector.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zcaps57, Oct 22, 2001.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, everyone. :)

I've decided to go with SONY 10HT LCD Projector.

MY DVDP is SONY DVDP-S9000ES. I've been using this with TOSHIBA 32" TV.

The connection between them is 1.5m component video cable.

Since the projector has to be rear side of my room, and DVDP is front side..... I've done some measurement, and found out that component cable has to be about 12~13m.

is that possible ?

How am I supposed to connect my DVDP to projector ?

What do you people use for connection between you DVDP and projector ??

And, I'm going to order from http://www.a-v.co.uk/ , they sell 10HT at 3500GBP. Does anybody know a cheaper place ?
    Should I buy from local dealer to make sure for checking for dead pixels etc. ?
    (Dang.. I went to Tottenham Court Rd, London today, and... all the dealers sell 10HT for 4000GBP. :( )

Please excuse me for asking very simple and basic questions, but I've been doing search on this matter and noone really mentions about the connection things.

Any info, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

[ 22-10-2001: Message edited by: Amaris ]

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Not a problem running that length of component cable. Just get a quality 75ohm video cable terminated well.

Gordon

3. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Amaris
    I recently purchased a 10ht from w2fm.com. You may be able to get your projector for less than £4000 if you haggle. If can't get the price down to about £3500 from any dealer I would go for the 11ht at about £4300.
    The inputs on the 10ht allow Component/RGB/S-video/Video (Composite). I connect my DVD player-using component to input A. My Digital cable box using RGB to input B, my digital camera via S-Video and my amplifier (settings display) via Video in. I would ask for their policy regarding dead pixel issue. Visit this site www.thebigpicturedvd.com they have a dedicated forum for this projector. Also try www.munsil.com.
    :cool:

4. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys. :)

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Buy your long component cable from www.Lektropacks.com . Their most expensive 3XRCA > 3XRCA cable cost me £73.50 for 10m and it works perfectly.