I'm back from the dark side

Status
Not open for further replies.

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sold my PS3 today and bought a 360 premium with GOW, Crackdown and Ghost Recon 2 for £299. Got it streaming WMVHD stuff and transcoding xvids and I have to say it's good to be back in Xbox land :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some great games in the coming months, I wonder if I can keep this one for more than a few months (this is my 3rd!).

Cheers
Andy

welcome back mate:thumbsup: The 360 is certainly the place to be.You're as bad as a certain someone else of the forum who sold his 360 (his 3rd i think) got a PS3 then traded that in a week later for another 360:D

welcome back, how did you enjoy being charged more for the same gaming experience ;)

welcome back, how did you enjoy being charged more for the same gaming experience ;)

The same!! Surely not, can't see where I'd get anywhere near the same experinence on the PS3 ;)

What side am I on ? I have a PS3, 360 and Wii ? :D

Same for me.. but then again Im half italian and that part of me means Im on everyone's side...

I also had a brief foray into the world of PS3, never sold my 360 though. However after about a month of PS3 I just couldn't get into it, Xbox Live just means too much to me and the PS3 online side of things just doesn't come close.

Oh, I bought Guitar Hero 2 today as well, all I can say is awesome! Haven't had as much fun with a game for a long time.

What side am I on ? I have a PS3, 360 and Wii ? :D
loadsamoney.jpg

:smashin:

You might to reconsider that statement, based on todays news.. LOL...

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38823

Seems not much for free in Microsoft land...
There's not much for free in any land. If you think any one company is any better than another then they've got you - they are all businesses out to increase profit margins, just some have different business models than others. That content has a value and you're being charged for it - so what? I don't mind paying for something with a value - if you don't think it has a value, don't buy it. The same as when I eventually go into a shop and buy a PS3.

There's not much for free in any land. If you think any one company is any better than another then they've got you - they are all businesses out to increase profit margins, just some have different business models than others. That content has a value and you're being charged for it - so what? I don't mind paying for something with a value - if you don't think it has a value, don't buy it. The same as when I eventually go into a shop and buy a PS3.

Additional maps have been FOC on the PC for years - they are more than likely made during the games production and use the same assets hence why they should be free and considered as 'added value'. You sound like you are towing the 'company line' IMO - on this occasion MS are wrong and are falsely trying to create a market by shamelessly exploiting the consumer over the wishes of the actual content provider.

Additional maps have been FOC on the PC for years - they are more than likely made during the games production and use the same assets hence why they should be free and considered as 'added value'. You sound like you are towing the 'company line' IMO - on this occasion MS are wrong and are falsely trying to create a market by shamelessly exploiting the consumer over the wishes of the actual content provider.

Yes thats right, and on the PS3 with home, sony will shamelessly exploit the consumer by selling furniture etc to 'deck out their apartments' with.

Do you really think MS are any different to Sony with their online shopping etc?

Come on zz101, surely you can come up with something better than that for your trolling?

Come on zz101, surely you can come up with something better than that for your trolling?

Boring boring boring. :rolleyes: :boring:

For the sensible people: if the developer wants to provide the content for free then it should be their choice - MS should not be able to falsely create a market around it. How can a rational person disagree with that? :confused:

As for Home - I've not seen pricing model or in fact any hard facts about the commecial aspects.

For the sensible people: if the developer wants to provide the content for free then it should be their choice - MS should not be able to falsely create a market around it. How can a rational person disagree with that? :confused:

As for Home - I've not seen pricing model or in fact any hard facts about the commecial aspects.
So we're only sensible if we agree with you?

If it's a false market, the punters won't buy it. Of course I'd like it to be free, but MS have invested a huge amount of capital - both time and money - into MS Game Studios and GoW, and to suggest they shouldn't have input into the output it produces is naive. MS are to a large extent involved with the development of GoW, and as such have partial say in the production and marketing of content. This is not an independant 3rd party game here - don't come on the big "MS want to take over the world, Sony loves everyone" line.

I refer back to my original sentiment - all businesses have business plans and this is MS's. Nintendo, Sony and everyone else want their piece of cake just as much. I don't agree with it, I don't disagree, I just don't want this to get drawn into a Sony vs MS vs Nintendo slanging match because it never ends. How is your 360 zz101?

remember that thread regarding the next gran turismo charging for all the cars etc????

wonder if sony were still classed as the young free living hippies then?

Boring boring boring. :rolleyes: :boring:

*coff*troll*coff*

I do think MS are being a bit daft about this whole forcing charges for GOW content thing.
If epic want it given away for free then seeing as epic have provided the 360 with it's biggest title yet i would think it more sensible to let them have their own way.
Surely they'll be better off having future epic titles released by them rather than atari or some other publisher (got atari from the UT2003 and 2004 boxes so they obviously have a relationship going there)

Havent been near my PS3 for over a week ,and have no desire to do so . Even the novelty of Bluray is wearing off . I know I should sell it ,but hate the fact that Im going to lose so much money on it.But I guess I need to be realistic.It wont be long until its worth even less, with all the price cutting going on.
At the moment my PS2 is getting more use, thanks to Guitar Hero 1&2

So we're only sensible if we agree with you?

If it's a false market, the punters won't buy it. Of course I'd like it to be free, but MS have invested a huge amount of capital - both time and money - into MS Game Studios and GoW, and to suggest they shouldn't have input into the output it produces is naive. MS are to a large extent involved with the development of GoW, and as such have partial say in the production and marketing of content. This is not an independant 3rd party game here - don't come on the big "MS want to take over the world, Sony loves everyone" line.

I refer back to my original sentiment - all businesses have business plans and this is MS's. Nintendo, Sony and everyone else want their piece of cake just as much. I don't agree with it, I don't disagree, I just don't want this to get drawn into a Sony vs MS vs Nintendo slanging match because it never ends. How is your 360 zz101?

Of course people will buy it - they need the additional content to stop the game getting boring - MS know this and are exploiting it. MS cant afford for this to be free as it will start setting a precedent for other games. Its commercial blackmail IMO.

As for "MS want to take over the world, Sony loves everyone" - I never mentioned Sony - the fact you did and in that context is quite telling. ;) For the record my view applies to all platforms not just MS. Sony do however get full marks for the pricing of their downloadable games - MS should take note.

Oh and my Xbox is fine, thanks, playing GRAW2, still excessively noisy though but you cant have everything. :D

Oh and the use of the word 'troll' is the beginning and end of any fanboys 'argument'. :suicide:

I can't believe the amount of responses backing Microsofts decision to BLOCK a company releasing material it had intended to be free.

Sounds very fanboyish to me. Remember, not every critique of your games system or the company that produces has to be defended vigorously like it would be some point scored for the "other" company.

I agree with the posters comment that MS are bang out of order with this and no, I don't believe he's trolling.

If Epic had intended those maps to be free then whats the problem?

At the end of the day ms know that people will pay, this game is one of the best selling 360 games and they can make alot of money selling content...They are trying to make money afterall aren't they.
edit: I'm surprised that it almost comes as a shock/dissapointment to some people....This is a company that charges you to change your gamertag :suicide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom