I'm back from the dark side

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's also a Microsoft Game Studios game isn't it? That's what it says when it boots up...

Microsoft only publish the game, Epic MADE the game.
Fair enough, MS are entitled to insist on charging for content if they want to but if epic don't want to do that then maybe they'll think twice about having MS publish their future games.
Why would they even make GOW2 a 360 excusive if that's how MS are gonna bully them? Epic have always put out extra gubbins for their games which has earned them a lot of loyalty among UT fans, and now MS won't let them

seems like a bit of a shooting yourself in the foot bully tactic from MS to me.

Oh and the use of the word 'troll' is the beginning and end of any fanboys 'argument'. :suicide:

Firstly: Check out my subsequent posts, hardly fanboyism is it?

Secondly: The only threads i see you posting in are the ones attacking Microsoft or the Xbox or defending Sony or the PS3. That being the case, Troll seems like a reasonable conclusion to come to doesn't it?

Firstly: Check out my subsequent posts, hardly fanboyism is it?

Secondly: The only threads i see you posting in are the ones attacking Microsoft or the Xbox or defending Sony or the PS3. That being the case, Troll seems like a reasonable conclusion to come to doesn't it?

Durrrrrr maybe I prefer my PS3 to my 360 - that is allowed you know - what a ridiculous assessment. It gets worse... it really does get worse on here. :suicide: :rolleyes:

Its not good from MS, but they are the publisher, can you imagine an author saying they'll give a book away and a publisher publishing it for free?

MS have their own set of costs & run a business with the 360, fair enough Epic wanting to give maps away free but thats not the whole story.

I do believe free stuff like maps & skins etc should be offered, certainly would make me feel hapier than (possibly) havnig to pay many micro payments.

One thing that I like about PC's is free desktops, icons, maps etc.

Durrrrrr maybe I prefer my PS3 to my 360 - that is allowed you know - what a ridiculous assessment. It gets worse... it really does get worse on here. :suicide: :rolleyes:

Off you trot then! :hiya:

Off you trot then! :hiya:

I gotta agree. zz101, you never contribute constructively to an argument, or add to a debate. You ONLY come into a thread if you can put a negative/anti MS or pro-Sony slant on it.

I or in all likelyhood others too, have absolutlely NO problem with yo upreferring your Sony device to any other, be that MS or nintendo. What we do have a problem with is your constant, annoying trolling.
And trolling it is. You can't help yourself. You shout up defensiveness, and scream fanboy! whenever anyone questions you, but when someone puts you on the spot to defend your position with factual backup (as indeed I have on more than one occasion) you conveniently dodge the question, or completely ignore it.

If you have something worthwhile to add to a discussion, then please, add it! If you just want to stir up, and wind people up, then please, sod off.:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just to add that I hope you bother to read the FULL text of my post, as I know from past experience that you rarely bother to. But please, on this occasion, do so, as it may enlighten you.

Microsoft only publish the game, Epic MADE the game.
Fair enough, MS are entitled to insist on charging for content if they want to but if epic don't want to do that then maybe they'll think twice about having MS publish their future games.
Why would they even make GOW2 a 360 excusive if that's how MS are gonna bully them? Epic have always put out extra gubbins for their games which has earned them a lot of loyalty among UT fans, and now MS won't let them

seems like a bit of a shooting yourself in the foot bully tactic from MS to me.
But you say 'publish' like MS had no involvement in the development of the game, like Epic came along to them when they'd finished and said "Can you put this game in the shops please?".

This isn't how the process worked - MS assigned several technical staff to the team and worked cooperatively with Epic for the years the game was in development - in fact the 360 memory was boosted from the original spec of 256MB to 512MB partially because Epic showed them a demo of each version of the game. Major Nelson interviewed someone from Epic a while back that tells all this.

MS invested heavily in the development of the game, and dug into their own pockets to make sure the hardware could fulfil it's potential - I don't see how they couldn't be entitled to say they have say in how content is published? In fact they will have signed legal documents in their relationship.

I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer the content to be free, I'm just saying that people are telling the story like MS are being dictatorial with other people's content, and I happen to think that's not the case.

As for all the fanboy/troll comments, can we draw a line now please? Let's say if we don't have something constructive to say, don't say it at all. Very close to closing this thread now.

But you say 'publish' like MS had no involvement in the development of the game, like Epic came along to them when they'd finished and said "Can you put this game in the shops please?".

This isn't how the process worked - MS assigned several technical staff to the team and worked cooperatively with Epic for the years the game was in development - in fact the 360 memory was boosted from the original spec of 256MB to 512MB partially because Epic showed them a demo of each version of the game. Major Nelson interviewed someone from Epic a while back that tells all this.

MS invested heavily in the development of the game, and dug into their own pockets to make sure the hardware could fulfil it's potential - I don't see how they couldn't be entitled to say they have say in how content is published? In fact they will have signed legal documents in their relationship.

I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer the content to be free, I'm just saying that people are telling the story like MS are being dictatorial with other people's content, and I happen to think that's not the case.

As for all the fanboy/troll comments, can we draw a line now please? Let's say if we don't have something constructive to say, don't say it at all. Very close to closing this thread now.

completely agree

regarding ms's investment - you can't ignore the millions of dollars they ploughed into advertising too :cool:

its unreasonable to assume they don't want the financial rewards of building a brand.

to think that the other two don't have the same mindset is naive :lesson:

This thread is pathetic. The title and original post are clearly trolling against the PS3. It was obviously trying to get a reaction from a PS3 owner so X360 owners have a reason to slag them off. There is too much of this going on. You cant compare anything between games and systems these days without fanboys screaming at you. Why cant people grow up.

I am actually suprised that my thread about acheivment points hasnt turned into a PS3 slagging match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom