Question I'm at my wits end,is my TV absolutely broken?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by KH2, Sep 13, 2018.

1. KH2

KH2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. After months of dealing with this i'm finally reaching out to some outside help on this problem.

I bought an LG C7 around last christmas and i absolutely love it. it seemed so much snappier in action than other cheaper TV's.

So i'm not sure how to start out with this,it's hard to explain.

1. When the TV is powered on,everything works perfectly fine,for about 2 minutes.
    The pointer absolutely disappears and WILL not come back no matter what i do,it freezes on the screen for a couple of seconds (3-5),and then just goes away but that is the least of my worries,and the problem goes much deeper.

2. as soon the pointer disappears and i navigate the menus without it,which i had done before this happened without problems. However,everything is extremely slow and sluggish. for example. if i want to navigate down a couple of steps or if i want to enter letters on the keyboard it takes 1.5-2 seconds to comply and move to the next letter. It's like i'm suddenly working with a pentium 4 cpu from 2005 and 128MB of ram,it's not just the navigation it's the responsiveness of everything

I have lived with these two problems (annoyingly) so far because i had already set up the TV and i was just using the remote for flicking between HDMI inputs

3. Our TV hasn't been connected via wifi because the router has been too far away and the connection hasn't been good. I went out and bought an access point today,set it up,and placed it besides the TV.

The TV finds the wifi channel,and it takes me 3 minutes to input an 8 character password because of the reasons above. I get the message that it can't connect to this channel.

Immediately i think to myself "can these problems all be linked somehow?"
    i turn off the TV,wait a couple of minutes,turn it back on and everything works fine for these 2 initial minutes.

Straight away i rush to the network settings and input the password before the pointer disappears and everything gets super slow again,it connects within seconds without a hitch.

Right after,the cursor freezes yet again and disappears. I check on the wifi and lo and behold,it disconnected at the same time everything else happened.

To sum up. Without actually knowing what's going on,it's like the CPU suddenly drops to about 10% of it's capabilities within minutes of turning on the TV.

Has ANYONE ever had these problems?? i've tried googling but i haven't found a single issue that sounds like this and this is now driving me absolutely crazy

2. wxman2003

wxman2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,114
    Try this. Turn off tv, and unplug tv. Press and hold the power button on the tv(not the remote) for about 25 seconds. This clears the ram on the tv and acts like a cold reboot.. Plug tv back in and power on and see if that fixes it. Also turn off quick start in the general settings on the tv. Finally, replace the batteries in your remote.

3. sproggy4830

sproggy4830
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The above is great advice. Also if you only bought it last Christmas consider returning it to the shop for a refund/ repair

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    Have you updated the firmware?