I'm after a very cheap <1K motorway runner

Lakes_Puma

I'm looking to get a 2nd car to travel to work and back daily as I don't want to rack up the miles on my main car (and it's not the most fuel efficient car)

I want something that is simple to maintain and is very economical to run.

My journey is 90 motorway miles a day.

I'm thinking old fiesta/corsa diesel etc.

any advise?:lease:

L

Londonlad5_uk

Hello mate how about a 318 or 320 bmw reliable cheap as chips now and go on and on

Lakes_Puma

Londonlad5_uk said:
Hello mate how about a 318 or 320 bmw reliable cheap as chips now and go on and on
economical? (mpg)

306 dt all day long for that cash

diesel vectra, has the chain cam so one less thing too worry bout

IronGiant

I'd like to recommend a Metro 1.0 HLE, it did 60 miles to the gallon and I put 80,000 miles on it in 2 years, in all those miles I only had to replace a clutch plate and the front brake discs and pads. Most reliable car I have ever had. Unfortunately it was 20 years ago, so I doubt you'd see the like again.

So, don't go for anything flash, go for a no frills with a high mpg, the 306 dt Daddy k suggested could fit the bill, or something Japanese.

Dave

jenic

An old (1995/1996) passatt TDI, they are a lot more efficient than modern tdi's but you dont get the same performance, my uncle paid &#163;200 for his a couple of years ago but he had to do it up a bit, he says its worth &#163;1000 now.

Should get 50+ to the gallon on the motorway, it gets 40 round town and thats an estate.

Dont worry about high mileage cus at that age they will all have it.

Lakes_Puma

thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I'll look into the models mentioned.