1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm after a 10m range keyb/mouse for games

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Triggaaar, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Can anyone recommend anything?

Most of the radio keyb/mice I've seen don't specify a range. I have seen bluetooth ones by Gyration and Belkin that go 10m.

Are these style of keyb/mouse suitable for games?
    Actual distance from transmitter would be 5m, but through a pine door.

If they're not suitable, I'll have to come up with a new plan (run cable under boards such that transmitter is in living room).

Thanks

2. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've a RF wireless keyboard/mouse which is OK up to about 4 feet away. I've been looking and enquiring for a while about the only option I think is suitable, which is as you have stated - bluetooth. The problem is the price at the moment, which as I am aware range from approx. £100-£170. I've decided to hold out for a price drop (which is bound to come soon) unless anyone else on these forums can find cheaper options!

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    The 2 I've seen are both less than £100, though whether they do the job, I don't know:
    1) The Gyration GP1200 Ultra Suite RF Keyboard & Mouse, at scan.co.uk, £76.95 inc
    2) Belkin - whilst on phone, they said it was Bluetooth, with a 10m range, and cost about the same as the Gyration.

4. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The two I saw were at PC World. I'm in no desperate rush to get them, and as I stated you know they will be half that price in a couple of months. Anyway if I find any cheaper options I'll post them on this thread.

Regards

Deano

5. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I use a logitech wirless keyboard and rechargable mouse. The range is about 5 meters but by simply moving the mouse docking station (which is also the base station) closer to my sitting location i can extend the range nicely.

CaM

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    The gyration keyboard is a little laggy to be honest.( I can out-type it quite easily and I'm not a very good typist) The mouse itself is great and lag free though which is somewhat puzzling.

7. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Yes, bit odd. It's that lag I'm wanting to steer clear of (only from a games point of view). Thanks

8. dunker1

dunker1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a bluetooth logtech dinovo - it sucks ...but it does have a concrete wall t go thru, where as the gyration works likea champ.
    How bad is the lag you guys get on the keyboard?
    Also where in this forum cna i find a discusion on how to setup my lcd tv, and get the signal right from my pc?