1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a very happy boy!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Desmo, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,771
    A few months ago I asked my brother in law if he could get hold of an LCD monitor for use on my HTPC in the front room. I wanted an LCD so it could be tucked away and didn't look like a massive CRT monitor stuck in the corner.

So yesterday he came back with this.

An Eizo L685 18.1" LCD. This thing seems huge and weighs a lot more than I thought it would. It's less than 6 months old and looks as good as new.

Can you believe these big companies just get rid of this stuff?
    Cost from Dabs = £820
    Cost from brother in law = £0 :D

2. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice :smashin:

Whats the PQ like on it Desmo?

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,771
    Normal desktop stuff, web browsing etc. is superb. It's so crisp and clear I still can't believe it. And of course, it's bigger than my 17" CRT. I quickly tried a game and got ever so slight blurring. I'm yet to try any DVD playback but will give that a whirl tonight.

What I eventually want to do is run this as the main control screen and then use the TV just for final playback of video. I'm not sure how this will work at the moment though. I've got a Radeon 7200 on my HTPC that just goes to my TV via S-VHS. Can I run different resolution on both the TV and the monitor? Or maye just have the overlay on the TV and no desktop etc.

4. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had heard that about game play on LCD's and I think that's why I didn't get one. Ok the price was a factor too :laugh: But as for aesthetics and ergonomics they are great. :smashin: