1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Newb! Need advice/suggetions!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Akira666, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Akira666

Akira666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to get my brother a new DVD player for his belated 30th Birthday, but i'm completely ignorant in the World of DVD players so I want you fanatics/enthusiasts/techies to give me some advice/suggestions on possible players to buy.

My bro is a home entertainment enthusiast, he has the full kit and knows his stuff, I think he has a Maranzt audio system/amp if that's relevant to the DVD player I should get.

I'm willing to pay £150-300 for the player AND it has to be Multi-region, and has the latest sound features (whatever they could be these days!)

Being able to record DVDs or having a built HDD is a added bonus, but not really required!

Thanks for any advice! :)

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Pioneer 575a or Toshiba 340e

Read the monster DVD test originally posted by RAZE and you won't go wrong.

3. Akira666

Akira666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks dude :)

I just came back from my brothers, and I subtly asked about his big arse amp!! It's a Pioneer and set him back about £850-1000!! Would the 575a be a bit "crap" for his monster amp?

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Both the dvd players suggested are unbeatable at double if not treble the price.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Certainly for less than £300 you cannot get better than the toshiba 340e (£80) unless you have a display that would make use of a digital connection (eg some plasma/projectors)