illuminated-mirrors.uk.com Myna edge lit illuminated bathroom mirror review

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I recently bought this mirror Myna Shaver Edge Mirror | | H:600mm x W:500mm x D:55mm - Illuminated Mirrors for £142.49 for our new bathroom. I don't like mirrors with the spot lights in them, so I went for this edge lit mirror with a gentler light around it.
Looks nice on their website.
k1417_4.jpg

Delivery from the company was fast and the product was well packaged and looks well made, except the edge light is provided by LED tape which is exposed round the side.

IMG_4296[1].JPG

When I first saw it, I expected there to be something else in the packaging to cover this up, but no. So the side of the mirror is super ugly, and since this is the first thing we'll see when walking into the bathroom, the mirror is not suitable for us.
I called the company who thanked me for the feedback.
I made the mistake of trying to rectify the problem myself by Aralditing a strip of custom cut frosted glass to the side. But the Araldite has chemically wiped the frosted coating off the rear face of the edge of the mirror so now there is a clear, uneven, transparent vertical strip in the frosted glass to the side of the actual mirror. Therefore the mirror is scrap and I've got to find a replacement.
To summarise, if this mirror is mounted on an end wall, and you won't see the side, it's probably fine. The LED tape is enclosed in a clear plastic, so I think that it's probably IP rated safe for a bathroom. Personally I don't think it's suitable to have the LED tape exposed in this way and I'd definitely not recommend this product.
Especially if the side of the mirror is visible.
I guess this is one of the pitfalls of ordering products online without seeing them in person.

Last edited:
You can buy IP rated LED strip. It's what I use to illuminate the plinth of Bath panels and fitted furniture. IP65

Yeah I can see what you mean about it being the first thing you can see- right in front of the door. Shame because anywhere else and it wouldn't be a problem.

You can buy IP rated LED strip. It's what I use to illuminate the plinth of Bath panels and fitted furniture. IP65

Yeah I can see what you mean about it being the first thing you can see- right in front of the door. Shame because anywhere else and it wouldn't be a problem.
Just drove into Pochin in Redditch and they had one of these on the wall.
Oracle illuminated mirror | Roper Rhodes
Important to be able to see what it looks like from the side, and the LEDs are fully enclosed.
Aside from being 50mm narrower, it's perfect so they are delivering one tomorrow.

Nice. I'm fitting Roper Rhodes at the moment.

They make all the furniture for Laura Ashley which is the stuff I'm doing. Good quality stuff.

I'm surprised there wasn't at least a frosted glass/plastic diffuser hanging on the edge on the mirror, shame as strip led are never going to win beauty awards!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom