I'll Start....Liverpool last night !!!!!!

Y

Yugo1

:thumbsup:

Well done the reds !!

As a neutral I still like to see English clubs win and do well. What a Game !

A lot of my mates are Italians so I'm enjoying this even more..ha ha.

What did the rest of you think? Lucky or deserved?

Yugo

Djimi Troare....absolutely shocking!!!

What did the rest of you think? Lucky or deserved?
Lucky on the basis of the first half but what a comeback - deserved on the basis of the second. Traore was awful - apart from being stood in the right place to stop the ball crossing the line in the 2nd half. And Kewel wasn't good for the brief time he spent on the pitch. He just hasn't seemed to be able to put in the performances for us.

I was gutted that Traore was still on the pitch after half time, but putting Hamman in midfield was a stoke of genius even if it was forced with Finnan's injury. He made a world of difference - he slowed Kaka down and allowed Gerrard to push forward.

And thats about as much sense as you'll get from me - I'm going back to nursing my hangover :D

How come Dudek was allowed to jump around and come off his line when the Italians were taking the penalties? I thought they had to stay still :confused:

As long as they stay on the line they can do what they like

however he didn't

I agree. I thought you had to be on your line and he was well off. I also think the goal that wasn't was the wrong call. I thought there had to be daylight between the defender and attacker to be off-side....I may of dreamt that !!

Argh, I can smell the tears wofting over from Italia :rotfl:

you are right but since when was refereeing consistent? :) bring in the video ref!

unbelieveable, liverpool, champions of europe without looking better than a team they've played since bayer leverkusen. just hope uefa don't buckle and let them back in next year...

owain_thomas said:
unbelieveable, liverpool, champions of europe without looking better than a team they've played since bayer leverkusen. just hope uefa don't buckle and let them back in next year...

lol 5 European Cups its hurts dont it as a manc lol
all the time you dominated english footbal in the 90's and you only won it once ...I bet Fergie had a great night too....

you wouldn't be biased by any chance would you Owain from Manchester?? :)

5 European Cups its hurts dont it

yes, yes it does.

this is quite easily the worst 2 weeks in football by a long long way.

liverpool win the european cup - bad but not as bad as...

utd losing the fa cup final to a team that played less well than milwall did last year - very bad but not as bad as...

malcolm glazer. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'll probably never get to see wayne rooney become the player he so obviously can

Just got my first "how many times have youse won the European Cup" from a scouser who wasn't even born when they won their last. This is the start of it. As I said in another thread, they're worse than that Mancy Yankee lot.

Other than the manner of the victory, the most amazing aspect was the reaction of other supporters (esp Man Utd fans from what I heard) - some were even singing "You'll Never Walk Alone".

I must admit a tinge of guilt amidst the euphoria - "would I have been so magnanimous if Utd for example had done the same?" I thought.

Anyway, some of the comments here, as well as others I've seen today, have removed the guilt! :D

Seriously though, a night to remember in so many ways.

forget "Where were you when Kennedy was shot?"

now it's "Where were you when Liverpool beat AC Milan?"

...PJ :clap: :clap: :clap:

The liverpool fans in the stadium were awesome, but one of the saddest things I saw last night was some of the Liverpool fans reactions at half-time... Fivelive and Skynews were interviewing people in the pubs and they were all saying that Rafa and the boys had let them down badly, one guy even used the word "disgrace"...
These are the same guys who presumably stand up and sing that song about walking together through a storm, keeping your head held high and don't be afraid... :rotfl: :rolleyes:

Lex said:
Fivelive and Skynews were interviewing people in the pubs and they were all saying that Rafa and the boys had let them down badly, one guy even used the word "disgrace"...

Lets be honest, several of the Liverpool players were!!

AC Milan have announced they are appointing David Blunkett as their new
manager, a spokesman for the club said "He may be blind but at least he can
hold onto a lead".......

As a Toffeeman and a Plastic-Scouser, I am absolutely gutted that the RS managed to come from a 0-3 deficit and win. Jammy Buggers, the lot of 'em!!! I see the press have kept quite on Dudek's lunges from his line to save the penalties (I thought you had to stay on the goal line?) and also the offside decision prior to Liverpoo's 2nd goal when the ref suddenly turned a blind eye to the linesman's flag held high. From that point you just knew they were gonna win it. Thank god I have moved away from Merseyside as I couldn't put up with the glory hunters and singing Kopites wandering the streets.

Well, at least we're the best team on Merseyside. COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MASTERS OF THE OLD WORLD ONCE MORE :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mindcrime said:
As a Toffeeman and a Plastic-Scouser, I am absolutely gutted that the RS managed to come from a 0-3 deficit and win. Jammy Buggers, the lot of 'em!!! I see the press have kept quite on Dudek's lunges from his line to save the penalties (I thought you had to stay on the goal line?) and also the offside decision prior to Liverpoo's 2nd goal when the ref suddenly turned a blind eye to the linesman's flag held high. From that point you just knew they were gonna win it. Thank god I have moved away from Merseyside as I couldn't put up with the glory hunters and singing Kopites wandering the streets.

Well, at least we're the best team on Merseyside. COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasn't merseyside to Toronto a bit extreme just to avoid the Kop?? ;)

mep said:
wasn't merseyside to Toronto a bit extreme just to avoid the Kop?? ;)

Aye, I guess it is! Unfortunately, it may not be far enough. The bar where I watch the footie was taken over by the local Liverpool Supporters Club just before the new year - How ironic, eh? They're everywhere like a plague. I did take great delight in watching the Arsenal game in my Royal Blue shirt in the bar though!!

Mindcrime said:
I did take great delight in watching the Arsenal game in my Royal Blue shirt in the bar though!!

Much as I like Everton and their supporters, how can you take delight in watching your team go down 7-0 in front of a load of scousers?

michaelm said:
Much as I like Everton and their supporters, how can you take delight in watching your team go down 7-0 in front of a load of scousers?

Fish-Hook, I know, but I meant watching the RS against the Arse. I just had a few beers and laughed at our 0 - 7 defeat!!

They may take our Champions League place, but they'll never take our trophy!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom