Ikea Tradfri with Ambilight?

monkeyjim

Hi,
I have a Hue bridge with a couple of Ikea Tradfri colour changing bulbs. Weighing up new TV options and I've limited my search to a couple, including the 43PUS8546.
I was wondering if I could extend the ambilight feature to use the Ikea bulbs, or do they have to be Hue? I looked on the Hue iPhone app and when I click on Sync it says "you need colour-capable lights to start with hue entertainment". I'm guessing it's figured out I'm not using genuine Philips bulbs, so I think I'd need to replace them with genuine Hue bulbs.

Appreciate any experience with this.

Cheers
MJ

monkeyjim

Just an update after buying the TV, the feature "Ambilight +Hue" works with the Tradfri bulbs well. A little slower to react to what the Ambilight is doing, but they are recognised and I'm happy enough with that.

vet20

Just an update after buying the TV, the feature "Ambilight +Hue" works with the Tradfri bulbs well. A little slower to react to what the Ambilight is doing, but they are recognised and I'm happy enough with that.
Hi! How about colors accuracy between hue lamps and ikea? I hear that colors on ikea lamps is awful.

monkeyjim

Hi! How about colors accuracy between hue lamps and ikea? I hear that colors on ikea lamps is awful.
They do the job, I've found the area between blue and green to be the weakest. I have one innr bulb which has much more accurate colour in comparison. I'm not looking directly at the Ikea bulbs though, they're behind me, so they just really extend what's going on screen.

vet20

They do the job, I've found the area between blue and green to be the weakest. I have one innr bulb which has much more accurate colour in comparison. I'm not looking directly at the Ikea bulbs though, they're behind me, so they just really extend what's going on screen.
Thank you. Should try to buy a pair of gu10 spots

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom