1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IKEA PS as stand

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by jasper_mccrea, Jun 16, 2005.

1. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well, I had to bite the bullet and move from the Oppli to the PS. I had a good look in the shop, and it seemed OK. Looks very good. Only 4 spaces, so I have to stack some things, and it's a little shallow, so I have to keep the back off it (but this is a huge advantage when it comes to wiring it up). The inside shelves are also a little skinny feeling, but I haven't noticed any problems in the few days I've had it. The top is very solid indeed for the speaker.

I have also ordered a Keene IR extrender thingy, so that I can fully operate with the doors shut.

Here's a piccy (hopefully) - 6230, so not good quality :)

This is also a first fix for the tv, so those cables have yet to be hidden.

Jasper

Attached Files:

2. credding

credding
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

You've done exactly what I'm intending to do. How's the setup doing? Have you had any problems? Can I ask a few questions?

a) Where did you get the Keene IR extender from?
    b) Do you find that amps etc in the cabinet get hot, or is the ventilation OK?
    c) Are there are holes in the back in order to allow cables out (I know you said you have left the back off, but I'd quite like to keep it on if possible.
    d) What does the back consist of? Is it all one piece, or is it two halves? And what's the rigidity like without the back?I guess it's still pretty solid of you've been sticking your expensive kit in there!

Cheers

Chris