1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IKEA PS - anyone got one

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by jasper_mccrea, May 19, 2005.

1. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I currently have an Oppli, and it's fine, but I'm about to move to a new flat where there is a recess by the chimney breast that's too narrow for the Oppli and both speakers. It would be nice to get all three sitting back from the main area a little better.

The IKEA PS is an ideal width, but I'm not sure about its AV cabinet credentials :)

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...uctId=11406&langId=-20&parentCats=10104*10174

What's it like for cabling? How many shelves are in there? Is there access to the back, or would wiring be an absolute nightmare? What's ventilation like (although at the volumes I listen at, heat buildup usually isn't a problem).

If anyone has experience of this, I'd appreciate some pointers.

Otherwise it's a long slog out to Brent Cross with a measuring tape :)

Cheers!

2. bikes_monkey

bikes_monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    That does look like a taller, narrower Oppli, which is good. It may be getting a little too wide. Hmm, I guess I'll have to head to IKEA anyway. 'er indoors will have the last say, anyway. Plus ca change!