1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikea PAX system

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by imichael, Dec 9, 2004.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone used or considered using the Ikea Pax wardrobe with sliding shelves for an AV rack. I'm considering using a white unit with an aluminium and glass door (for the remotes to work).

Is there any reason why this would be a bad idea if I use a heavy weight at the bottom? It'll keep the kids off and provide some DVD/CD storage on the top shelves, plus cables can be routed inside.

Cheers

Ian

2. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loads of views, but no comments? It's either the ultimate dumb question and you're all being polite (having seen some replies to other threads I'm guessing this isn't the case ;-)), or nobody knows if it would work. The sizes fit ok, the weights don't seem to be an issue.

I'm planning to shorten it down to about 1.5m, as 2m is a bit much, and paint the sides in stone too match the fireplace. I'd just like to know if anyone has used anything similar (tall narrow cupboard) to hold AV kit in the past and if it presented any issues.

Thanks

Ian

3. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Don't see why it shouldn't work - just make sure you have enough ventilation and should be OK.

Sounds like a good idea to me.