Ikea dishwasher error code 50

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evening,

Anyone have any ideas what this code means? It's not listed in the manual.

Some people on google are saying pump failure/blockage. I've taken the pump off and looked and there was no blockage. The machine started back up after I put it back together and completed a full wash (quick wash at 1.25h) there was a fair bit of noise that the machine didnt have a week ago. Did another load today (longer at 3.25h) and the error code is back. The machine seems to have completed the wash and drained.

Any ideas about DIY fixes before ikea gets a call.

Machine s under 2 years old, so well within warranty. Rather do it myself though, saves waiting days/weeks for a tech to come...

Cheers.

There aren't many moving parts beyond the pump so if the machine is noisy then the pump could be failing - better to get this fixed for free if it is still under warranty.

It’s a Whirlpool and I have found a couple of places on the internet suggesting 50 is the motor circuit or motor.

“This code signals a motor circuit issue. There may be a problem in the control board, which is located at the bottom, right behind the motor. It takes professional help to check the control board functions.”

That’s Electrolux but I found similar for the IKEA/Whirlpool.

It’s under warranty - contact IKEA I reckon.

I forgot about this.

Turned out it was a pump failure for future reference. Matey said it was a build up of grease and other such crap. He said it was user error and he really shouldn't have done it under warranty. Whatever. Whats the point of a dishwasher if you have to clean the fudgeers before they go in?!

Whatever. Whats the point of a dishwasher if you have to clean the fudgeers before they go in?!
I assume he was talking about cleaning the machine not the dishes? There’s a Finish cleaning tablet you can chuck in the bottom in a normal clean now along with the dish tablet in the door, or the liquid you do empty. I don’t do it as often as the makers say - probably every two months rather than every month. The machine is probably on 10 times a week on average so about every 80-85 or so washes.

no no he said you need to clean the dishes better before they go in..

I throw the odd cleaning tablet in and throw it on a 3h 90c cycle, but we eat 3 cooked meals a day, so the dishwasher goes on a few times daily.

no no he said you need to clean the dishes better before they go in..
In that case whatever indeed!! My Smeg even tells you not to scrape or rinse food off plates let alone warning you the machine will break down because you didn’t!!

I normally give the plates a quick rinse before I put them in the dish washer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom