• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

IKEA Dioder lights

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Wife has just been in the white ones are down to £20, the coloured ones are £30 and apparently there are some new ones which just have 3 strips at £10 dot know how long they are reduced for.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
maverick177uk said:
Wife has just been in the white ones are down to £20, the coloured ones are £30 and apparently there are some new ones which just have 3 strips at £10 dot know how long they are reduced for.

We got the coloured ones about 2 weeks ago, they said new low price all over the lighting department so it sounds like the Price is here to stay and not just a passing offer. Loving the dioders washing the wall behind the TV in colour

Berties

Banned
Have these for the kitchen undercupboards. Good, but you only get four short strips. Ok for smaller TV's. I'd go for the white ones tbh, only other colour apart from white is a distraction.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Berties said:
Have these for the kitchen undercupboards. Good, but you only get four short strips. Ok for smaller TV's. I'd go for the white ones tbh, only other colour apart from white is a distraction.

4 strips works fine on my 50 inch, the end 2 don't reach as far ad I'd like but they look good with 2 behind and 1 either side. I'd say they have just under a meter of cable from the main box each. I quite like the colours as a wall wash, quite atmospheric when watching films and not as bright as white

Berties

Banned
they're ok, just could be longer (have fitted dioder to 50", another 50" have noodlemans strip lights, four 24") Obviously latter is brighter (is needed watch in unlit room) wheras the dioder needs additional lighting which causes a problem to picture quality. Have Noodlemans on PC monitor as well, one 15", two 9"

Ikea ones be fine for a PC monitor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom