IKEA Detolfs. Whats the best Lighting?

nitram100

Prominent Member
Reaction score
About to pop up to IKEA Tonight to finally get a couple of these packs. I'm also interested in purchasing some lighting bits for these displays too.

My question is, what's the best lighting for these cabinets? Direct lighting or Indirect? Any help would be appreciated. Any examples of these displays would also be welcomed :)

I'm awaiting responses from a few certain chaps on this forum. You know who you are ;)

Thx Amigos

I use the dioder individual bulb lighting- come in packs of four, LED system so safe for the items on the top shelves (£40 for white and £50 for multi colour). The other recommended system is the dioder strip system (with four strips instead of bulbs).

Avoid Hopen and Non as they get too hot. I made that mistake before I changed to dioders:rolleyes:

haven't used any from Ikea but have used similar LED and halogen lights so would agree with CogPaul and would recommend either of the LED lights mentioned both due to less heat and also IMO a nicer display light even though they can be a bit more expensive,.... personally I like the strip lights in wooden cabinets but the spot type may look better in the detolf :smashin:

did you get a detolf then matey ?
I forgot to mention ikea do a hunded night light candles for three quid. :thumbsup: :D

did you get a detolf then matey ?
I forgot to mention ikea do a hunded night light candles for three quid. :thumbsup: :D

No amigo :( The day in which i could go, Ikea's website search was down and i couldn't see if my branch had any in. However, I've managed to secure a time to go down there on Saturday so can't wait. Will also be looking into the lighting suggested.

These candles you mention, are they artificial lighting, or actual candles? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom