1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikea Blackout.. which way round do you use it?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr Rob T, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mr Rob T

Mr Rob T
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have just ordered a Panasonic 200 which should arrive in a few days.

Yesterday I was so kind to the family and took them to Ikea as a treat :laugh: , While there I bought a blackout Blind (white one) and called at Wicks building supplies on the way back home and got the wood etc to make my fixed screen.

I have had a long search on the forum and it seems some people use the rubbery side to project on and other on the material side. So what I am asking is which side do you all use and is there any advantages/disavantages to each side.

Rob

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd use the "white" side but recommend you get working on your fixed screen.

I know several members recommend those blackout blinds as screens but IMO, they're pretty useless for the job :eek:

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im using a 180 cm blackout blind., and to be honest i will eventualy next year get a proper one. in my opinion blackout blinds are exactly that.......blackout blinds. the picture in my opinion on a blind is average and will do as a starter, for instance blacks look washed out and fine detail is compromised.

4. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    proper one as in a real screen

5. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sellers on ebay are selling screens which are only reversed blackoutblinds...by the time they stick postage on you could have got the real deal.

6. S L KING

S L KING
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought screen material (180cm*130cm) from DRH and it only cost me £60 including pp.