Ikea Besta/Norum doors warping.

Badger37

Established Member
Reaction score
About 6 months ago I built a wall unit with the Ikea Besta range using the high gloss Norum doors in white (15 doors in total).

I was pleased with everything but I've noticed that the doors have all warped. It's as if the gloss side has shrunk and made the doors 'dish' :(

I'm thinking it may be due to the cold winter? (The room/house isn't damp)

I looked around the ones in Ikea and when you 'eye them up' even there's aren't straight, but they are not as bad as mine. I couldn't face queuing up for Customers Services - especially as I didn't have a door with me.

Putting a straight-edge across the face or a door leaves a 3 or 4mm gap in the middle.

Anyone else seen this problem?
I'm planning to take some photos and then seeing what Ikea say, unless anyone has any useful advice.

Thanks in advance.

I fit kitchens and see this occasionally. It seems to affect mdf doors most but any can be affected.
You should contact the store where you bought the doors and ask for replacement.

Thanks for that.

I've just dug out the receipts and they were bought in Nov. 2007.
I can't believe it as it only seems like 6 months ago I was fitting them - must be getting old.

I'll get some photos ready and see what Ikea have to say - but as they're over a year old I may be out of luck...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom