1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikaruga (Idiots)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by mr_fantazmo, May 19, 2004.

1. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this game on gamecube, i've been really looking forward to playing this for a long time now and i'm so disappointed.........not by the game coz thats ace, it's the bloody crap way they designed the screen!!

Hmmm lets make it so that they can only use half of the screen and we'll fill the rest with a black border :rolleyes: And on my widescreen TV its even worse, unless of course i rotate the screen and stand my TV on it's side.

Sorry this doesn't really make any sense unless you've played the game but it really bugs me, shall i just try and ignore it?? I suppose i could play it side on but thats not the way the game was designed.

Maybe it's beacuase the game is PAL, wouldn't surprise me if they cocked it up!!

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It was designed that way though.

It was originally an arcade game and, like 90% of the games in the genre, it was programmed in 'TATE' mode which is long and narrow. Obviously that's a different shape to regular TV so they added borders to 'fill in' the gaps that would be there

It never bothered me but there's an option (in the JPN version anyway. I don't know about the PAL one) to rotate the screen so it fills a 4:3 screen and is played horizontally, left to right.

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    If you can get the dreamcast version, get your hands on that mate, its the best version. I had the gamecube version too, but it just feels better on the dc controller.

Also the dc version was only released in Japan, and I think it had the option mentioned above.

Top game, but bloody difficult!