Ikaruga (Gamecube) Pricedrop £15.89

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by John C, Sep 24, 2004.

1. John C

John C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.simplygames.com/product.asp?id=4120&aid=1010

Gamecube classic, and allegedly "bloody hard" shooter Ikaruga gets a reduction of nearly £10 at simply games - £15.89, compared to the nearest competitor's £25.

(from the gamestracker email, www.gamestracker.co.uk)

The game was featured in Eurogamer's "Bluffers Guide to Gamecube Cult Classics"

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cheers John,

I've just placed my order. Its going for £25+ on eBay! Let's just hope it arrives sometime this year....

I already have this on Dreamcast, but think it would be nice to actually play an english-language version of the game.

Also, my gamecube has been gathering mucho dust over the past six months, and needs a chance to compete against the xbox when Halo 2 et al arrive in november!

DT

3. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    Oh people should be warned about this game, it is very hard, very very hard.

But its great, truely great, im gonna order it again as im in need of a challenge before PES4 comes next month.

4. John C

John C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't get eBay - lots of games seem to go for equal to/more than the cheapest online price.

Do people just get sucked into the whole bidding war thing? People are still buying used copies of things (especially on the cube) that you can pick up new for £5-£10 less than they seem to end up paying.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,370
    Indeed John - people pay over a tenner for Eternal Darkness on Ebay, even though (as you kindly pointed out earlier) Toys R Us sell it for £4.99! They also have loads of other games at £4.99 (such as 18 wheeler) and £9.99.

I guess it's just down to not knowing about the prices - I subscribe to Games tracer but I think that's only online deals and I guess the toys r us ones are instore only. If it hadn't of been for you kindly pointing me towards toys r us i'd have probably ended up paying around £7 + postage for ED. Cheers! :thumbsup:

6. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Don't buy the PAL version!!!

It's horribly mutated...Treasure did a really poor NTSC>PAL conversion and, because they left out 1/6th of the frames (to compensate for the 60Hz>50Hz difference) the game is slow and basically unresponsive. There's also some nasty bugs in it that prevent you from getting scores that are achievable on the NTSC version (ie Japan/US)

Stick with the NTSC versions of this game, please...you will enjoy the game so much more.

7. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Oh ****!! Too late I'm afraid :(

I still have the 60hz Dreamcast version to fall-back on though :) Oh and running that through VGA is sweeeeeet!

How dare Treasure not include a 60Hz option on the PAL release?? It's this sort of thing that f*cks me off with Japanese developers/nintendo more than anything. sh*tty PAL conversions. Capcom is by far the worst offender. Absolutely unforgivable in 2004.

They moan & complain and they wonder why it didn't sell very well, but always seem to forget they did a crappy conversion.

DT

8. John C

John C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boo!

Sorry if I gave anyone a bad steer on this :(

9. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    WH Smith had this out for £9.99 only a month or so ago: they may still have copies...

10. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I can confirm that Treasure are trying to compete with Capcom for the "Worst PAL Conversions" awards. Utterly disgraceful conversion, it completely ruins the game. Why no 60hz option, Treasure, WHY??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

DT