1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ij4

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Shoka, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    lexHarrison has agreed to star in it, Speilberg has agreed to make it they have decide on a time to start filming, how nearer post prod do you want

I meant toreply to the post here dont know what happened

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think you are confused in your terminology Shoka - if you meant that it is nearing PRE-Production then you are right.

Spielberg said recently that making Indiana Jones 4 will be his priority after he completes 'Catch Me If You Can' with Leonardo DiCaprio. He is quoted as saying: "We have a title, but we're not ready to announce it. I will give you one clue, though. Kate [Capshaw] is in it.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,202
    er....if something is in POST PRODUCTION, then doesn't this mean that the filming has all taken place, and they're just tarting it up for the final release.?

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    mjn

Yep as lex pointed out, I used the wrong word i meant PRE PRODUCTION. Oops I should really start thinking about what I'm typing or checking it at least.

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I put it down to the high stress of being a moderator! ;) :D

IJ4 all sounds very intrigueing though doeasn't it? I wonder how they are going to approach it? I mean surely we will not be expected to buy Harrison Ford (who is now sixty-something) as a macho superhero type character? They must be looking for a way around this, maybe bring in some younger blood?
    Apparently the story has been outlined by George & Stevie boy, but the script has not been written yet.

My only concern is the the IJ films IMHO got progressively worse; 'Raiders' is one of the best, if not 'the' best, action film ever, but the next two weren't quite as good.

Should be interesting though!

6. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    It's oh so stressfull ;)

Apparently the story has been outlined by George & Stevie boy, [/B][/QUOTE]

I reckon they should bring the young indy from the TV series into it. Opinions please?:confused:

7. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am appalled by your ignorance mjn !:eek:

Post Production, depending on the complexity of the film and the budget can take months, even years!.

Principle photography, usually only lasts for a month or two (although there are exceptions that go on for longer)

After "the filming has all taken place", the footage has to be edited down to the takes that the director and producer have chosen, the visual effects (if any) are added, pick up shots (if any are needed) are filmed and are added. The sound is edited together, extra sound effects and dialogue are recorded (called Foley and ADR). After all that a rough cut is produced and screened to the Studio executives and the public, if these previews produce negative feed back, the film is resubjected to some of the previous processes and in extreme cases reshoots are called for.

When all the above procceses are completed, the final edit of the film is taken to a dubbing theatre where the sound is rerecorded and mixed together to produce the printmaster sound track that you hear in the cinema and at home on DVD.

This is not always the end of the story, as some films are only previewed or repreviewed during the sound dub, if edits are needed the film goes back to the cutting room, the dub then starts over agian!.

Post production is a complicated, expensive, and time consuming business and is more than just "tarting it up for the final release".

Therefore, it is just as important as any other part of film making.

Cheers.

Ash.

8. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Darth vader

a: i did not post what you quoted me as posting.

b: I have already admitted that I used the wrong wording in my post i meant pre production not post production. if you are going to quote people at least quote the right person.

9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sincerely apologise for my stupid mistake Shocka. :blush: :blush:

I have changed the names to protect your innocence!.

Sorry.

:(

10. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Oooooh Its getting ugly! :D

I am gonna close this thread cos

a) it is not really a DVDTalk subject, and

b) the Indiana Jones films/DVDs are already being discussed in another thread.

Lex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.