iIn desperate need of help setting up new system (SONY)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scallywag, Jan 18, 2008.

1. scallywag

scallywag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good evening all, please excuse my limited knowledge on this subject, hopefully someone will get the jist of my problem

Wife and I decided to upgrade our Sony DAV-S550 home theatre system as it's getting on a bit now.

Went for the DAV-IS10 as we both loved the tiny speakers that came with it. Problem is I don't think I can hook everything up to it like I could on my old unit as there are no scart sockets on the back. My main problem is I have a projector rather than a TV.

I need to somehow hook up the following

Sony HS-50 (Projector)
    Sony DAV-IS10 (HTS)
    sky+ box
    XBOX 360

If anyone has gone through the same set up process I would be grateful for any help anyone could give me, so far I have been told I will need to send the system back as it will not work for me.

Thanks in advance

Scallywag

2. 101music

101music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    run audio to the Sony DAV, (you should have 3 inputs, optical(for the sky), spdif and stereo L+Rfor the xbox) , and run the video straight to the projector.

cant find info on the inputs available on this proj, but defo wont have Scart. You might have a VGa input, in which case you can use an xbox VGA cable (not sure if the old xboxs can use these but the 360s can) to get the Xbox picture up. If the sky is not a HD box, you can use a scart to composite video adapter, or better an RGB scart to component converter from CYP or Keene.

That should do it unless i've missed something, good luck!

3. scallywag

scallywag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi 101

Thanks for the reply

The projector has HDMI input, component input and a standard composite video.

I think I got most of what you said in your reply.

I have the video composite and component cables running from the PJ to the current system (they are now inbedded in the wall mind), I got a HDMI cable also which I plan to run from the PJ to the new DAV system.

Do you think my job would be made easier if I had a Sky HD box??

4. 101music

101music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    yes, use component or hdmi