IIAMA refresh 144HZ - but one time boot with lower value

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by messisew86, Nov 19, 2017.

1. messisew86

messisew86
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello.
    My pc:
    *Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage. Power outage was because fuse was tripped because of kitchen which was turned on in other room.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz.
    When i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again.

So that was bug or that power outage related cause it happen soon after outage?

But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.
    But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10.

PS: I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,546
    Cutting power deliberately is the last thing you should be doing to a computer.

It has happened once and is now fine - leave it alone is my best advice.

3. messisew86

messisew86
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was running Fire strike benchmark and then my mother turn on kitchen in other room and fuse was tripped + i get power outage in house,all rooms. So i get power outage during fire strike benchmark.
    Next, when fuse was changed i boot pc again and all was fine , refresh 144hz all normal.
    But after moment i close computer by button SHUTDOWN in Windows 10. After 5 minutes i turn on pc again,and refresh was changed to lower value than 144hz. To revert 144hz i just turn off monitor and turn on back again. Thats all.

Sorry for my bad language , really apologize. Hope you understand. My pc is in small room,not in kitchen.