• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Igadgetsrecycled Have My Phone

Member 328449

Prominent Member
I was offered an amount for my phone with Sell My Phone, Sell My Mobile, Gadgets | Cash for Phones - Home but when they received it they claimed it was scratched and offered significantly lower. I declined this offer so they upped the offer, but it was still far too low so I declined again. This was 2 weeks ago and I've contacted them twice since but haven't heard anything. They have my phone and haven't sent me any money. What can I do?

nheather

Distinguished Member
From their T&Cs

Once the £5 has been received, handsets will be dispatched within 5 working days, via signed for postage with Royal Mail. We cannot be held responsible for any items that aren't returned via Royal Mail and subsequently lost within the mail system for items being sent to us. We will of course claim if returned handsets dispatched form us don't arrive with you.
Should the pending return fees not be paid within 7 days then iGadgetsrecycled will process your handset at the revised quote.

Sounds like you have to pay them £5 then they will return it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Member 328449

Prominent Member
As I said I've contacted them twice about it. They've ignored me both times.

D

Deleted member 174041

I did the same in June year with cash4phones, still waiting for my money.

Was a scam so lost out on about £50.

Wrote letters and all sorts but nothing came from it.

nheather

Distinguished Member
As I said I've contacted them twice about it. They've ignored me both times.

Yes I read that, but it wasn't clear that you had asked for it back.

You could try calling them. They list

03333 444 655

There is also this number listed on a Google search

02381 097101

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

Member 328449

Prominent Member
Phoned them up. Said the queue was 17 minutes long. Almost an hour later I'm number two in the queue and a message comes on to tell me they have high volumes of call and I should email them, then it hangs me up! I've been emailing them with no reply. Have I lost my phone? Must be something I can do.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Phoned them up. Said the queue was 17 minutes long. Almost an hour later I'm number two in the queue and a message comes on to tell me they have high volumes of call and I should email them, then it hangs me up! I've been emailing them with no reply. Have I lost my phone? Must be something I can do.

SOunds dreadful. No idea what next? Personal visit (do they even have a bricks and mortar presence). Local trading standards? Police (I guess they will say it is not a Police issue - they are quite slopey shouldered like that, too busy catching people doing 55 mph in the roadworks on an empty motorway, or fiddling their crime statistics).

Send them a recorded letter demanding the return of your phone within a reasonable time. Keep it with your emails and if you get no joy, go for Small Claims Court.

Cheers,

Nigel

D

Deleted member 498601

From their T&Cs

Sounds like you have to pay them £5 then they will return it.

Cheers,

Nigel

iGadgetsrecycled reserves the right to charge £5 for the return of a handset plus £2 for every subsequent handset, should you not wish to go ahead. This includes the rejection of the following from our table below:

• Working price
  • Non working price
Once the £5 has been received, handsets will be dispatched within 5 working days, via signed for postage with Royal Mail. We cannot be held responsible for any items that aren't returned via Royal Mail and subsequently lost within the mail system for items being sent to us. We will of course claim if returned handsets dispatched form us don't arrive with you.

Should the pending return fees not be paid within 7 days then iGadgetsrecycled will process your handset at the revised quote.

iGadgetsrecycled reserves the right to claim any handset that we haven't heard back on following e-mail communication to the registered e-mail address after 48 hours. You will be paid the value sent via e-mail.

To me, this reads as I've translated below;

Send us £5. We won't communicate with you, or action your request until you do. We will do our utmost to drag out the non-communication for up to a maximum of 7 days, so that we can plead ignorance, and sell your phone for a price that you don't agree to. This is shown in our 'tough tits' clause. We thank you for your custom, and if you feel like being fleeced on a larger scale, we suggest www.webuyanycarforpeanuts.com

3T3L1

Established Member
Slightly off topic but the experience I've had with the last two attempts to recycle phones with companies have put me off completely.

I've had similar experiences to the OP where the offer by e-mail was about half that of the original quote with various "reasons" given for the discount.

The best being that they found "significant" scratches to the phone case which when photographic evidence was provided turned out to be the slip-on case I sent back with the phone to protect it. Rather than raising the money back to what I was originally quoted, their "senior technician" re-evaluated the phone...and "found" some more scratches (invisible on subsequent photos) to justify the reduction in cost.

Unlike the OP, I just gave up and took the money rather than go through the hassle of trying to get my phone back. It's put me off the recycling route for future phones; they're hardly worth anything now so I'd better off donating to charity and letting them deal with the hassle or going back to having a drawer full of old phones in case my current one breaks...

IanW1977

Prominent Member
Report it stolen and claim on insurance

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom