iFi Zen Air Dac

Hi can someone please give me some help and advice regarding the ifi zen dac 2 i was given it as a gift last year with a pair of headphones and this week got round to try to get it set up
So I don't use a lap top any more just samsung tablet and phone I am getting a bit confused I just want to plug it and listen to my music I don't really want to be messing around with stuff
So with everything I have the headphones will plug in the front of the unit unbalanced
And then I have the blue digital output lead from the dac and a connector so I can plug into tablet or phone and the dc 5v supply I'm not a fan of true bass so that off and power match on
Can you please tell me if this is correct or tell me how to have the unit set so get the best from it and having it set up properly the headphones are
Grado SR 325X prestige
Thanks for any help/advice

Hi can someone please give me some help and advice regarding the ifi zen dac 2 i was given it as a gift last year with a pair of headphones and this week got round to try to get it set up
So I don't use a lap top any more just samsung tablet and phone I am getting a bit confused I just want to plug it and listen to my music I don't really want to be messing around with stuff
So with everything I have the headphones will plug in the front of the unit unbalanced
And then I have the blue digital output lead from the dac and a connector so I can plug into tablet or phone and the dc 5v supply I'm not a fan of true bass so that off and power match on
Can you please tell me if this is correct or tell me how to have the unit set so get the best from it and having it set up properly the headphones are
Grado SR 325X prestige
Thanks for any help/advice
Hi
The way you have your ZEN DAC V2 set up with your Samsung tablet appears to be the best way with the equipment you have;
Blue USB connection cable into (female)USB-A to whatever your Samsung tablet uses.

By having the 5v PSU plugged in, you are ensuring that only data is drawn from the source device rather than power too, so this should is also a great way to have it set up where possible.

In regard to the settings on the front;

- True Bass is down to personal taste, obviously, but you may find it benefits other headphones better if you end up using any wiht your Z-DAC V2!

- PowerMatch, is great if you find that the power is lacking for the headphones you are using. If you find that the volume is suitable for you between 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock on the volume dial WITHOUT this switched on, then you won't really need this feature. If you find it's getting toward the top end of the volume dial and the Z-DAC V2 isn't getting the headphones to the volume you like, then it's advisable to use PowerMatch.

Also, the Z-DAC V2 can only be updated using a MAC or Windows PC. Updating the device isn't essential, but they can offer minor refinements on the device. These improvements are listed as a document in the zip file you can get from the download hub on our website if it takes your interest at any point. One of the updates available for the Z-DAC V2 has our GTO digital filter enabled, so if you ever feel like testing it out, head to the link I posted just above.

Feel free to message me directly if you have any other questions... otherwise, enjoy!

Thanks,
Phil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom