IFA 2013: Panasonic's first Ultra HD TV breaks the cover of HDMI 2.0

RPM40INSTRUCTOR

I am very interested in hearing more about Panasonic's first 4K TV and am a little peed off at how all the manufacturers are releasing them at once and never imagined it would be this quick considering I have just bought a ZT Plasma which has been considered the best 1080p TV that will be? Pricing for the 65" LED TV in UK I have read will be £5500, do not think it will be that for long considering how much Sony and Samsung have slashed theirs by to the disgust of some who bought at full price. Be more interested in the 58" that has been mentioned as 65" is too big for me.

mikelj

I am very interested in hearing more about Panasonic's first 4K TV and am a little peed off at how all the manufacturers are releasing them at once and never imagined it would be this quick considering I have just bought a ZT Plasma which has been considered the best 1080p TV that will be? Pricing for the 65" LED TV in UK I have read will be £5500, do not think it will be that for long considering how much Sony and Samsung have slashed theirs by to the disgust of some who bought at full price. Be more interested in the 58" that has been mentioned as 65" is too big for me.

Erm ... plasma ... LED, I'd take the ZT over a 4K LCD LED any day.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member

Happens all the time though doesn't it - you buy at the cutting edge but your purchase quickly diminishes in value. I bought the ipad 3 and 6 months later ipad 4 comes out. Phones, TV's, av amplifiers etc - all prone to the same quick price drop. The cheapest approach is to buy your tech goodies a year after launch and that way you get pretty current tech at best bang for buck - downside is that you'll never have the latest tech.

MAX1210

"RRP" to be £5,499 and stock should be arriving in the country week commencing 23rd September - then delivered out to dealers. Dealers will be able to demonstrate 4K-UHD via a supplied media box a la Sony 4K dealers.

EDIT - Model confirmed as TX-L65WT600B (not 650 as originally thought)

Last edited:

Har-One

It also seems to be the most energy efficient of the 4K TVs on offer.
Toshiba, Samsung and Sony. Philips is on its way.

I hope there is a review of the Panny soon.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom