• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

If...

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Yep it's a Criterion release.

Excitement levels have dropped somewhat now.

Bri

Excitment levels have risen dramitcally purely because it's a Criterion release. It sucks that we have region coding and it sucks that Criterion, who produce some stunning disc sets, adhere to coding standards.

More and more machines are coming onto the market though which are multi region, hopefully in due course they won't cost the earth.

Think my multi-region Panny cost about £350.00 18 months are so ago, with Oppos currently going for silly money. Can pick up a multi-region LG for less than 200 now though.

KH

Nick 81

Not familiar with this film. However, will it include the Telly Savalas song of the same name as an extra?? :D

Right, proper film discussion henceforth please :p

brian s

Distinguished Member
More and more machines are coming onto the market though which are multi region, hopefully in due course they won't cost the earth.

Think my multi-region Panny cost about £350.00 18 months are so ago, with Oppos currently going for silly money. Can pick up a multi-region LG for less than 200 now though.

KH

I went into the Richer Sounds Newcastle branch and asked about their multi-region BD players. It turned they were multi-region on the DVD side only. They informed me there was no such thing as a multi-region BD player.

:eek:
Bri

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I went into the Richer Sounds Newcastle branch and asked about their multi-region BD players. It turned they were multi-region on the DVD side only. They informed me there was no such thing as a multi-region BD player.

Bri

I must be imagining the one sat under my TV then:D

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Currently own, and use, multi-region BD player, multi-region for BluRay and DVD. My main laptop is also multi-region enabled for both BluRay and DVD :smashin:

Go tell Richer Sounds they need some new staff :laugh:

KH

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I've never been region locked (one of the pluses of a HTPC setup) and often wonder what the hell all the fuss is when people start going on about regions. :D

Back on topic, I've never seen If... but have always heard good things about it so a Criterion release is a most welcome excuse to get round to watching it.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Back on topic, I've never seen If... but have always heard good things about it so a Criterion release is a most welcome excuse to get round to watching it.

I suspect you'd like it. Keep an eye out for it on TV. It's well worth a watch.

My last word on Richer Sounds, sorry Keith as it's off topic. Dispite the previous problem I decided to buy a BD recorder from them as it was a very good price. They only had one left when I rang but they put it to one side for me. When I arrived to pick it up the guy attempted to charge me £100 too much for it. He then tried to get me to buy insurance and took the pee when I refused until one of the staff told him they didn't do insurance on that model. I then asked him. for a few recordable BDs and he put some DVDRs on the counter.

I've never been back.

:D
Bri

Bri

Thats because they don't sell them.
A while back it was reported somewhere that RS had decided that interest in MR for Bluray was not high enough for them to invest in it.

To be fair , good branded players that are MR for Bluray do cost more than £100 more than the UK only version .

But RS should at least start offering them.

My last word on Richer Sounds, sorry Keith as it's off topic. Dispite the previous problem I decided to buy a BD recorder from them as it was a very good price. They only had one left when I rang but they put it to one side for me. When I arrived to pick it up the guy attempted to charge me £100 too much for it. He then tried to get me to buy insurance and took the pee when I refused until one of the staff told him they didn't do insurance on that model. I then asked him. for a few recordable BDs and he put some DVDRs on the counter.

I've never been back.

Bri

I hope you didn't buy it.
Multiregion Magic offered MR Bluray recorders at one time although they seemed to have stopped selling modified Panasonic players apart from dvd mod

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor

I've never been back.

Bri

Hi Brian,

I was obviously concerned to read your comments about your recent visit to one of our stores!

So I may take this matter up with the manager of the store concerned, please would you PM me with some further information about which store you visited?

Meanwhile, my apologies once again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom