1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you use DLP with PC read this!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by whiteswan, Dec 31, 2004.

1. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi

Due to a severe system crash - I have had to do a complete re-install of all my software etc.

One thing I noticed when I started the pc up again (from a virgin state) was that the text did not look as clear as before.

Then I remebered I had installed Clear Type before and I had to reinstall it again and all was well.

If you have never heard of it - what it does it maximises your text clarity to your display monitor.

Its freel available - just google for microsoft cleartype - its dead easy to implement and steps you through which text looks best on your screen.

Sorry if I am teaching Granny to suck eggs - just trying to help.

Dave, Oldham.

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't it already on XP, it's on mine !!

3. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I just reinstalled XP and it needed activating.

Dave, Oldham.

4. Sir_Baron

Sir_Baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you find the options for cleartype i remember seeing it years ago but my memory isnt the best :laugh:.

Thanks.

Edit: oh and another thing i'm curently connected to the Sagem via Front port vga, and i have a ATI X800 XTPE and was wondering what timings etc did you use in powerstrip as my screen flashes darker then lighter stops for a sec then repeats and its going to drive me insane. And i think its because i used a default 1280x720 resolution without chaning any timings.

5. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    For Windows XP right-click your desktop background and click Properties. Go to the Appearance tab and click the Effects... button. ClearType can be enabled from there.