If you thinking about changing to aol don't!

leeboy1411

I joined aol because it was quite cheap and was one of the most established ISPs. How wrong i was first of all the service over the phone is rubbish and you might as well talk to the wall secondly the software didn't like one of my computers so i had to download the american version which is worse. I have a wireless network so i don't even bother logging onto the aol software anymore i just use mozilla firefox or internet explorer. If your trying to leave aol you best make sure you have a good lawyer because there have been cases of customers leaving aol and they are still getting monthly bills for aol. Im still with them but im thinking about changing. They may give you a shiny free netgear router but they also give you years of hassle.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Just left them after 5 years.

Gone over to Be-Broadband.

19mb down and 1.3mb up for £24 a month.

Brilliant. Fast tech support too!

WelshBluebird

On AOL here and have hardly ever used their software. Used it to set up the connection (when I had the USB modem they provided), and then I uninstalled the software ASAP. And have only now recently reinstalled it to check my billing date (as I'm going elsewhere).

Up until CPW took over, AOL were a good ISP. One of the only unlimited ISP's left. However, now CPW control AOL, its gone crap, and they have an FUP (which is the reason I'm going).

D

Drew232

the reason their are rubbish is the fact most of the tech support is in india and in waterford in ireland so good luck understanding the indian callcenters

triplea4uk

FUP on AOL is really good yes people get slow 1mb speeds peak times but you can still download unlimited amounts outside that without any problems. I know so many people that do 200gb+ no problem

The only really annoying thing now is to check stuff you can no longer use the AOL USA site you have to install that BS software I had to sort this out for few people.

jason g

Distinguished Member
im on aol and get 8mb at the moment i dont think its that bad but im leaving soon based on the fact that im not paying 30 quid a month for the amount of time i rarely use it so i will go for skys mid package which is 5 quid a month for the same speed.
agree that cw wrecked aol since they took over though.

celtic1967

the reason their are rubbish is the fact most of the tech support is in india and inrt waterford in ireland so good luck understanding the indian callcenters[/QUOTE

Just left aol for financial reasons. Always found CS and Tech Support excellent if you get the Irish lads but if you get through to India then you may as well hang up, try again and hope you get Ireland

jason g

Distinguished Member
the reason their are rubbish is the fact most of the tech support is in india and inrt waterford in ireland so good luck understanding the indian callcenters[/QUOTE

Just left aol for financial reasons. Always found CS and Tech Support excellent if you get the Irish lads but if you get through to India then you may as well hang up, try again and hope you get Ireland

i never phone i always use their live help online which has been great.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom