1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you own a 40" Toshiba RPTV please read this

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by miketango75, Mar 31, 2001.

1. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This may seem like a strange enquiry but any way here goes....

I have a Toshiba 40PW8 which I bought about two years ago. I have decided that I'm going to build a stand for it. The design I had in mind basically allows a VCR and Digibox to sit underneath the TV side by side. My concern is that as the TV has four castors. When I place it on the stand (which will also have castors) there may be a chance that it would roll off when I move it for installation etc. I would therefore like to remove the castors from the TV. Has anyone done this ? If so please tell me all about it. (Also by removing the castors it would lower the screen by about 3cm and look a lot neater)

I would also be interested to know how the proper stand is designed and constructed as I've never seen one.

Regards to you all

Ian

P.S. If you already have the proper Toshiba stand gathering dust in some corner of your house and you'd like to get rid of it then let me know!!!

2. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this TV and I removed the castors they just pull out but watch as there are blocks of wood under that I left on which can scratch the surface if you slide the tv with no castors on, I just stood it on the unit so that the castors hung either side and pulled them off no need to lie the tv down with the tv about 8-10" higher now the picture remains brighter for sitting down and standing (gonig to get more beer).
    its worth doing

Graham

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the proper stand but have not put it under the tv yet.

My main concern for this is do you think the TV screen will be too high with the cabinet installed?

The TV is quite high anyway, would value your opinion on this as at over 1.3 metres total height I think that I would be looking up at the screen rather than viewing it at a seated head height.

Thanks for any input on this

4. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have a stand and you're welcome to it, gratis - though you'll need to collect it. I have sent you an email.