if you have white pixels on ya psp lcd look here

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by captain kirk, Mar 13, 2006.

1. captain kirk

captain kirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys/girls -

i did alittle research into this blight of white pixels on the psps lcd screen - aparently this is quite normal with lcds - if you have an lcd tv/ lcd monitor this will work for those - aparently. if you have an lcd tv and have these spots - chances are if you goto the shop you got the tv from they will just give you a dvd with an alternating pattern to unstick these dots/spots - they are very aparent on pc lcds too - so they say.

here are a couple of links, one links to software that will do *one white pixel at a time* and the last link will just *flash the entire screen* - you should really read about this before using the software, the results for both programs are mixed, but theres really no harm in trying both methods is there?? since noone else has put forward any constructive ideas, other than doom and gloom opinions , heres the stuff you need - i hope? :D

I deemed this information in my quest from a book by wiley - hacking the psp , its a bonified book - so its got pritty good stuff in it, and this is where i found the path to enlightenment. - so the infos nothing mysterious or bent or put together by a shady character.

*for doing a white pixel at a time*

http://www.ftp.nu/files/131 - just read the info in the file! im not doing it all for you.

and...

*for doing the entire screen at a time rather then each individual pixel*

http://www.psp-vault.com/article168.psp - you now have two options available to you, dont ask me how to use this software - since i dont have my iffy memory stick here yet - but ill certainly give these a go when i have the storage capacity.

Hope it helps you guys/girls out - good luck, ** id like some feedback if all is well**, cheers and good luck.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. anticlaus105

anticlaus105

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Haven't tried the single pixel fixer but the whole screen one that flash diff cols n didn't work for me.

White pixels are dead as far as I know and cannot be fixed. Coloured ones are stuck and may become un stuck with correct stimulation.

I went through this a while ago with no result but i will give the single one a try.

EDIT: Just read it flashes colours so same as whole screen one only not for whole screen i.e wont work on whiteys.

Would be v interested if i did work on a bona fide white pixel for someone.

3. captain kirk

captain kirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    actually i didnt know until 15 minutes ago that you can actually buy replacement lcds for the psp... so i suppose after a few months, if this problem becomes a real life changing problem, then i guess 30 quid for a replacement is not that much to ask, point im making is the problem is curable. - but if this software works - all the better. - im still getting to grips with the psp operating system, but once you got the mechanics right, its quite a nice unit - and has a hell of alot of possibilitys.

:D

4. anticlaus105

anticlaus105

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I know you can buy replacement LCD. I was considering it but not that bothered (have 5 dead pixel wi only one really noticable).

Out of interest does anyone know how easy they are to fit (i.e. DIY clip in) or do they need solder etc and someone to do it.

If so how much would it be in toal inc fitting?