1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have or had Philips widescreen TV problems...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by R N M, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Please ensure that you contact Trading Standards ASAP. They are currently investigating Philips, and could do with all the information possible so they get more of an idea just how large the nature of the problem is. I've put up a page for the 32DW6557 here: http://www.maddog-films.freeserve.co.uk/philipstv/report_document.htm

Also, contact BBC Watchdog and post a reply on this forum stating the model of set you've got/seen, with the problems it had. I know there are a number of other threads regarding Philips, but not one just for listing the issues all together.
    If any of you have tried contacting Philips and recived one of their e-mails that denies any knowledge of the problems, could you please also add that to your post.

Please, let's make it easy for Trading Standards to do their Job and get something done about Philips. It's long overdue.

[is there a chance of making this a sticky topic for the near future? Thanks!]

2. perka

perka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can add horizontal thin black lines mostly seen when darker objects moves over pink, white or beige color fields.

I had this problem on my 32PW9525 and it took 8 months to get the shop take it back for another model. Philips never answered the dealers questions and claims.

I have found others comments about exactly the same problem on the internet from all parts of the world. Here is one from Singapore, read "amirhakim":http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31

3. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where's everybody else? Other threads are full of problems regaridng Philips, so why's everybody being quiet here?

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have a letter here saying my set is performing normally, although it has the dark bars stutteing picture etc (see all the problems in the other thread). I had a visit from Roger Shaw (manager of Tech support) who could see all the problems but described them as normal. I finally got a refund after 4 months of hell by taking the set to the retailer and demonstrating all the faults to them. They agreed that a TV costing this amount of money and one supposedly being top the range should not have so many problems and they gave me my money back. I am glad that I was in a position to take the set back to the store otherwise I would still be stuck with the thing. Philips just try and fob you off with so many excuses and should be took to the cleaners on this. If I can be of any further help then just ask. I would like to see a full recall of all the sets. I am now the owner of a kp44 PS2 that blows the Philips away.

5. wharfman

wharfman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had 2 Philips6506 and both had identical problems with a 'rumbling' noise in the background. I had set number 1 back on the weekend after being told the problem had been resolved. But it hadn't. I'm now looking at a Sony?

6. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Please use the existing sticky Philips thread to post ALL problems WRT Phlilps TVs.

Closing this thread. Will merge in with other Sticky in 1 week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.