If you have a turntable

karkus30

Banned
Laurie Anderson....Mr Heartbreak. You just have to get a copy of this album if you have a decent vinyl set up. I have had this lying around for a while, bought it for a quid. Productions incredible, great jagged guitar sound from Adrian Belew, superb bass and drum work and even Peter Gabriel performing a song and backing vocals.

A very chilled album, I have her most famous work (Big Science ) on CD, but the sound is awful, so I never play it. Mr Heartbreak is the most accessible of he albums, so if your not keen on thisyou will probably hate the rest.

overkill

Distinguished Member
Funny that, must be a "female album" thing! Julia Fordhams first album is excellent on vinyl, but I have Porcelain on CD and it's way to brittle!! Wierd!!!

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by overkill
Funny that, must be a "female album" thing! Julia Fordhams first album is excellent on vinyl, but I have Porcelain on CD and it's way to brittle!! Wierd!!!

I think its just the CD transfer. I have an offer on ebay for big science on Vinyl (dipped out on a 180g audiophile jap release that went for £18.00 :eek: in the USA :confused: she must be very popular as thats probably around £36.00 to the USA as they only pay half as much as we do for software).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom