1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have a turntable

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Mar 28, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Laurie Anderson....Mr Heartbreak. You just have to get a copy of this album if you have a decent vinyl set up. I have had this lying around for a while, bought it for a quid. Productions incredible, great jagged guitar sound from Adrian Belew, superb bass and drum work and even Peter Gabriel performing a song and backing vocals.

A very chilled album, I have her most famous work (Big Science ) on CD, but the sound is awful, so I never play it. Mr Heartbreak is the most accessible of he albums, so if your not keen on thisyou will probably hate the rest.

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Funny that, must be a "female album" thing! Julia Fordhams first album is excellent on vinyl, but I have Porcelain on CD and it's way to brittle!! Wierd!!!

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I think its just the CD transfer. I have an offer on ebay for big science on Vinyl (dipped out on a 180g audiophile jap release that went for £18.00 :eek: in the USA :confused: she must be very popular as thats probably around £36.00 to the USA as they only pay half as much as we do for software).