1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have a Tag Av32R Dual Ex .....

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Xtrips, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Xtrips

Xtrips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,

Considering the present Tag situation, if you have a Tag Av32R Dual EX in your possession and are given the opportunity to trade it in for a new Lexicon MC-8.
    Would you do it ?
    I can get a rebate of 4000 Euro for it.

Any advises ?

Thanks

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Given the two are considered on fairly level pegging, i think that would be very much down to your personal preference and the importance of the future.

Ad

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Xtrips

As a Dual Sharc owner i too, have thought over this, but am resolutely sticking with the Tag for the time being, as long as service/warranty back up remains (and i must say that if it were any other company than Tag i would be worried) then i am still of mind that i still own a superb performing and powerful processor that i prefered to others at this price point.

Regards

Steven

4. Xtrips

Xtrips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,

Tell me if I am wrong.
    You are saying "Let it die peacefully", it is a fine, fine product, with good performances, and Tag McLaren, as a brand that has other businesses than the audio market, and a prestige to protect, won't spoil its image by breaking the "contract" with so many people possesing their appliances.
    So they will probably keep providing support, and technical assistance. But they will stop developing new products, or new firmwares to keep up with the future technologies.
    Right ?
    Well, that sounds fair to me.
    I might wait with my Dual EX until it becomes obsolete, and then maybe consider selling it for a just price to get an up to date product.

Is that what you meant ?
    After all, what's the rush ? I don't even have any THX Ultra2 equipment to match it with, and I don't care about multi-channel audio.

Any other point of views to defend ?

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Xtrips.
    I am unable to tell as too whether your post is one of incredulous disbelief or simple curiousity.
    All i can say is that when you bought the Tag did you buy it on how it sounded and what it can do for you NOW or what it MIGHT do for you tomorrow.
    For me i am geniinely not so concerned about or have any definitive information on tomorrows new formats (other than the MS theory), we have THX2, TMREQ and shortly the Height Channel - the only thing i am personally "upset"? about is the the uncertainty of an HDMI interface.
    The current crisis at Tag and realistically there is unlikely to be any happy endings (but we will see) does not make me want the (IMHO) lesser baby Lexicon and Arcam models in anyway.
    It is not a case of letting anything die peacefully for me , it is how the product performs within my system, and as long as support remains i am still thrilled with just how good it is.

regards

Steven.