• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

If you have a better graphics card do you get a better projection via VGA?

R

randomhero266

Hey there,

I'm a noob so be nice.

Just wanted to know - would there be much difference in the image quality produced by the same projector if I had it connected to a laptop with a 512mb graphics card rather than one with 256mb via VGA.

I'm just deciding which laptop to get - it will solely be used for projection.

Thanks in advance,

randomhero266

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Hey there,

I'm a noob so be nice.

Just wanted to know - would there be much difference in the image quality produced by the same projector if I had it connected to a laptop with a 512mb graphics card rather than one with 256mb via VGA.

I'm just deciding which laptop to get - it will solely be used for projection.

Thanks in advance,

randomhero266

Welcome to the forum :)

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

In my honest opinion, I dont think the graphics will be any better with a 512mb card for movies, but you'll be able to have higher detail in thr graphics for some games.

Which medium are you wishing to use it for? (games,dvds etc....) This may give us more of an idea

tris

R

randomhero266

It'll be used for stills, short loops, powerpoints and maybe short videos.
Thanks,
randomhero266

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom